• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering the same thing, just seen Alan tweet this!!

After nearly 15 years, my model graphics page models.americanwx.com will be no more. I want to thank all who have visited it over the years and supported the efforts. I will still create graphics on my own and post them when applicable. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just going to post this... so many ways to view models these days I'm sure he lost many subscribers in recent years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I saw this posted today this in regards to AmericanWX:

'The IP has been changed due to being migrated to a new server Waiting for IP to be upgraded. Cloudflare.'

Had to step outside to check on my goats (something has spooked them, anyway) it's still muggy and I swear the mosquitoes are worse than I have ever seen them!! It's brutal, cooler air cannot get here soon enough

At the rate we're going, summer 2018 may turn into summer 2018-19 If I could, I would take about a 2 month vacation to Canada right now!

Had to step outside to check on my goats (something has spooked them, anyway) it's still muggy and I swear the mosquitoes are worse than I have ever seen them!! It's brutal, cooler air cannot get here soon enough

Flies, mosquitoes, and gnats were as bad this year as I ever remember them. It’s miserable.

Orrrrrr not lol that place has been a ghost town of late but I could see that happening. Would be nice to see griteater join us at some point though
There are pockets of really good discussion over there in certain threads in certain subforums. In some ways, I kind of miss the old days before model data was so ubiquitous and social media became the go-to for discussion. It was fun when weather forums were the primary place for interacting with fellow weather enthusiasts and mets about the weather.

At the rate we're going, summer 2018 may turn into summer 2018-19 If I could, I would take about a 2 month vacation to Canada right now!

Look at these 2nd half September temps for our area just last year. I had a bunch of snow last winter despite warm fall temps so I would not worry about a hot winter when literally fall officially starts today.

82f361af60869829ccdc04cd9e46359f.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate it when there is no threat of interesting weather here. Also, I am tired of playing cornhole in this heat. It would be so nice to get some fall up in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back