• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, but I don't think I am. The biggest question now is if this turns out like the 1989-90 winter when we did a complete flip following a big eastern Carolinas snow. I'd love to see that if we are not getting snow. A repeat of February and March of 1990 would be nice.
Weeklies say it's going to be cold basically all January, except for a few days! Enjoy your cold and dry

New Years Resolution For Shawn:

Will refrain from this website when it needs to be treated like a daycare.

What in the Hell is going on here. I am about to change the minimum age to make an account here to 40. That probably isn't even gonna fix it.
LOL. I know, what even is going on anymore. I feel like screaming endlessly at my computer at the chaos and wishcasting that is becoming "I think a leprechaun is about to appear in my backyard" comments.

The way this thing is changing on the models we still have a chance for a Apps runner
Dude, do you even look at the models and follow the clear and concise trends that change from run to run? The probability of this being an Apps runner is about as high as Hillary Clinton had at being President after the state of Wisconsin was called for Trump. I'm starting to think that you are simply being a troll.

Let's just go for a California Cutter. The energy will go backwards and Los Angeles will get a blizzard. The energy will go up to Alaska and the world will end.
Why not. This thing already went from cutter rain to fish snow. I don't think a middle ground solution can be completely ruled out the way these models have handled our energy so far this winter

Let's just go for a California Cutter. The energy will go backwards and Los Angeles will get a blizzard. The energy will go up to Alaska and the world will end.
No matter what track would have to happen to get that LA blizzard, I would still get nothing! :(

I don't actually think I'm going to see snow, but unfortunately the analogs being tossed around have me interested. Even the 1989 but further W/NW one because I decided to look at that map and the actual accumulation areas were less than a 100 mile adjustment away from me (if I were to miss though, I DEFINITELY wouldn't mind seeing 1989 part 2!).

Dude, do you even look at the models and follow the clear and concise trends that change from run to run? The probability of this being an Apps runner is about as high as Hillary Clinton had at being President after the state of Wisconsin was called for Trump. I'm starting to think that you are simply being a troll.
Oh trust me, he/she is. And honestly, it's impossible for a low like this to smash through this high we have.

Please don't get bent out of shape over a banter post

I don't actually think I'm going to see snow, but unfortunately the analogs being tossed around have me interested. Even the 1989 but further W/NW one because I decided to look at that map and the actual accumulation areas were less than a 100 mile adjustment away from me (if I were to miss though, I DEFINITELY wouldn't mind seeing 1989 part 2!).
I was only thirty miles north of the snow in 1989 and completely agree that this could definitely end up at least being an accumulating snowfall for both of us. I refuse to simply believe that this is going to solely be confined to the GA coast.

I was only thirty miles north of the snow in 1989 and completely agree that this could definitely end up at least being an accumulating snowfall for both of us. I refuse to simply believe that this is going to solely be confined to the GA coast.

It's definitely wishcasting to say that Atlanta/Upstate SC/etc, could get in but I'm not sure it is when you get toward central/south/east Georgia and eastward. It especially hurts when you have those analogs being tossed around but saying that they could be such and such, like one that has really been used a lot lately is 1989 but a NW adjustment with the low.

Perhaps there should be some clarification, like for example maybe confine said "adjustment" to North Carolina and NE South Carolina because if you do that period, you have folks like us, looking at maps for this storm and saying "hey! if that adjustment thing is true, we can get in the mix!"

Hey everyone my name is Brett. I just wanted to say, I look forward to getting to know you, all and forecast with you all. Weather is my passion, it has been sense I was 7.

How many times does there have to be a hard freeze before BMX stops issuing Hard Freeze Warnings or Watches. Hard Freeze Warning for tonight and tomorrow night and then theres a Watch for the next 2 nights after that. Its not like hard freezes are unusual in AL so whats the big deal ?

Also, there are no Hard Freeze Watches or Warnings anywhere in GA.

It's suppose to get down to 13 tonight then single digits this week, if we get that snow it will plummet I remember last year it being -4 after snow

How many times does there have to be a hard freeze before BMX stops issuing Hard Freeze Warnings or Watches. Hard Freeze Warning for tonight and tomorrow night and then theres a Watch for the next 2 nights after that. Its not like hard freezes are unusual in AL so whats the big deal ?

Also, there are no Hard Freeze Watches or Warnings anywhere in GA.
From the afd it seems to be because of the duration and intensity of the cold

So, to recap the overlapping watches/warnings/advisories in the long term forecast- there`s a Hard Freeze Warning for all of Central AL from midnight Monday morning through Tuesday morning (this warning could be extended in time later). In addition, there`s a Wind Chill Advisory for the northern tier of counties from 4am to 10am on Monday, and again from 4am to 8am on Tuesday. The Hard Freeze Warning is bringing attention and urging precautionary measures to protect people, plants, pets, and pipes. The Wind Chill Advisory is intended to urge caution for anyone who must be outside that near or sub-zero wind chills are possible

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back