• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I should have known better than to get sucked in to this mess. If the next 2 suites look as bad or worse, I'll retreat back to the dark, pessimistic side.
Hey Eric, why do you always laugh at this stuff when it may be clearly frustrating and chasing with no results to everyone else? Not being rude, just a legitimate question. Is your laughing actually a sign of your heart being in pain even in laughter? (Proverbs 14:13) Or have you train yourself to laugh it off when we go on these frustrating wild goose winter storm chases with no result? Put in banter if necessary but I just felt this needed to be asked.

Hey Eric, why do you always laugh at this stuff when it may be clearly frustrating and chasing with no results to everyone else? Not being rude, just a legitimate question. Is your laughing actually a sign of your heart being in pain even in laughter? (Proverbs 14:13) Or have you train yourself to laugh it off when we go on these frustrating wild goose winter storm chases with no result? Put in banter if necessary but I just felt this needed to be asked.

Yep lol, while I train to remain objective as possible I'm a weather weenie at heart & I do get hurt a little when the rug gets pulled out from under me and a threat for snow/ice busts

Yep lol, while I train to remain objective as possible I'm a weather weenie at heart & I do get hurt a little when the rug gets pulled out from under me and a threat for snow/ice busts
Good thing too because the rest of the GFS run was pretty much a disaster...

I’m not saying it’s over, but I’m afraid for most of the inland southeast, a lot is going to have to change in the next 24-36 hours for this current storm threat to have a significant (if any) winter weather impact.

I’m actually becoming more interested in the prolonged cold period we’re in right now. It’s not often we see cold like this for a sustained period of time. That’s nearly as fun as a snowstorm to me, anyway.

If you've stuck a fork in it this means you will not post anything else about the midweek threat right? Moving on right?
Yes. Thread should be locked for everyone unless you live on a house boat 500 miles off the coast of Virginia then feel free to post

Well seem like WXrisk is going to be correct.This "storm system" during the middle of the week is going to be too far east for anyone.

I've done this for a long time and really given my location (outside of a couple of winters, but this will change again sometime in the future as I want to permanently move back to North Georgia if possible) and more maturity I kind have gotten numb to the misses and usually outside of when I'm just mentally shot, I don't mind rooting for anyone else in the southeast to get snow.

Sometimes I don't know if whether I've really matured...then I go look back at my time at accuweather and just laugh. It's night and day and almost embarrassing really. It was even recently in which I was lazy with trying to read model maps and didn't go further than the surface (sometimes I still go the lazy route but not as much now).

Yes. Thread should be locked for everyone unless you live on a house boat 500 miles off the coast of Virginia then feel free to post
Well we may have some folks still interested in discussing so I think we will leave it for now but thanks for your input. Which of course since you've moved on will be your last input in reference to this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The midweek storm is such a disappointment. Those snow ratios would of been epic. The Carolinas just can't score for anything...

The downside of Bermuda greens is you lose prime golfing days like today when they're covered and the course is closed.

The Carolinas just can't score for anything...
You are not alone. By my calculations Nashville will go approximately 14 straight days where the temp profile would have virtually guaranteed snowfall. The current forecast indicates the first day it doesn't....you guessed it...a rainer.

Last edited:
You are not alone. By my calculations Nashville will go approximately 14 straight days where the temp profile would virtually guarantee snowfall. The current forecast indicates the first day it doesn't....you guessed it...a rainer.
Nashville NWS is saying over an inch of rain possible in about a week !

Trying to figure out why there is brine on the roads here. What a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back