• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
E17 and see you guys in april
8c91a0fa8ee538f78f17f4f234137a33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I see the trend today has been positive for the midweek storm next week. Maybe I should only check in every 8 hours like today.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Great Lakes were like 600-700 miles south of where they currently are ? Lord knows the south needs all the help they can get. Why couldn't God give us the Great Lakes ? The north already gets snow without the Great Lakes.

No horse in this race, but damn this is some fun reading ... other than the obtuse one-liners, which frankly are annoying ...

I wouldn't say no horse. Though the odds are still against you, you're frankly not too far from a measurable event based on overall trends as well as the actual 18Z NAM. This is one of the very few setups that COULD produce for you some form of measurable winter precip. Per the 18Z NAM at 84, precip is coming north just S of you with your temp at only 37. Your 850 is a mere +1.5 C with an 850 wetbulb of near 30 F. At the very least, I think this would have given you sleet on the next map with snow not out of the question by any means.

Corrected

Last edited:
I wouldn't say no horse. Though the odds are still against you, you're frankly not too far from a measurable event based on overall trends as well as the actual 18Z NAM. This is one of the very few setups that COULD produce for you some form of measurable winter precip. Per the 18Z NAM at 84, precip is coming north just S of you with your temp at only 37. Your 850 is a mere +1.5 C with an 850 dewpoint of near 30 F. At the very least, I think this would have given you sleet on the next map with snow not out of the question by any means.
And I forgot to send you a birthday present ... LOL ... ;)

It's sarcasm

Trust me, you don't want to live in SE VA either. There's a reason it's so cheap there.

But good luck finding a decent home in Wake Forest now for less than 250K.

Good lawd there has been some chatter on here today.... too cold for y'all to get out or something? Sometimes it's nice to take a break and then it sucks at the same time because the little ocd part of my brain won't let me proceed until I go back to the very last post I read and then read every single unread post on here.

If you move to Indiana, you can no longer post in the Southern Wx forum!?? Fingers crossed!

Agreed. I actually don't mind a little banter. To me people are here bc they enjoy discussing weather and sometimes that might veer off from strictly talking about each model run so on and so forth.

It's when the banter becomes annoying ir distracting that is the problem. I also think there is an emotional response, bad model run, someone calls it what it is, someone else is disappointed and they say BANTER!!

I just want us to moderate fairly. We installed the warning system because we feel like everyone deserves a chance to post, learn, grow. I would hate to ban someone who is here bc they are passionate and want to be part of the conversation but aren't that knowledgeable.

We know who the obvious problems are and have been and as a whole we have taken care of it. Have we been lax at times with moderating? Yes, and shame on us but I refuse to turn into other places where I felt like I couldn't post because of the general dynamic.

Just wanted everyone to have see an idea of how I see things, not really directed @Arcc. I do feel like as a whole our community gets along and moves forward very well and most care about its success. To me that's all that we can really ask for

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back