• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things for newer members since our site has grown quite a bit recently:

We have a member map that if you would like to, add your relative location to! This is located at the top of the page under "Member Map" and if you wish to add your location, just add a point and put your username on here instead of Point #.

Feel free to read in the SouthernWx wiki we have created and look around, and even add information if you wish to. It would be nice to have a page about the most recent winter storm or any upcoming storms or severe weather systems in spring, and then of course hurricane season when we reach that point.

When will model fiends understand that when a model gets one detail wrong it compounds and alters it's entire solution and will be wrong?

Let's change the thread to Jan2-Jan 10th, so we can add a 4th or 5th cluster____ to chase! :(

Hey guys. lots of banter in the main threads. Need some consistency from the top. Lines seem a little blurry like the rules are enforced on some people and not so much on others.

Thanks,
Jimmy H

I have a warning point and notice many others do not who are doing much worse than me.

People worry too much about banter.
I understand why banter should be left out of modeling and storm discussion threads. When one person starts the next does and it continues until you have a mess on your hands.
It looks like this thread was made for everyone to talk in. Earlier when I got my warning I had not noticed I was in the storm thread because there was so much banter back and forth. I quoted a post by the Brick Tamland person and mine was deleted and warned.

I understand why banter should be left out of modeling and storm discussion threads. When one person starts the next does and it continues until you have a mess on your hands.
It looks like this thread was made for everyone to talk in. Earlier when I got my warning I had not noticed I was in the storm thread because there was so much banter back and forth. I quoted a post by the Brick Tamland person and mine was deleted and warned.

I can't agree, we bantered like crazy in the threads on Talk Weather years ago and despite some crazy posts and laughs, discussion was never derailed that much.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You are bringing some good discussions to the other threads and are obviously knowledgeable about Meteorology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back