• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't the media going all "polar vortex crazy" like they did in 2014 with the current cold wave. I haven't looked back at it, but I would assume this one is likely as cold, for a longer period of time?
They are mostly playing with the B team news crews on all the major networks due to the holidays. It's all about "Year in Review", "Those We Lost in 2017", "Resolutions" and such fluff. Below is a snippet of NWS Huntsville climatology for January 2014. Winter 2015 was pretty much a carbon copy of winter 2014 around here. They were both miserably cold.

"At Huntsville, below normal temperatures occurred on 25 days of the month, and low temperatures dipped below freezing on all but four days. Temperatures did not even rise above freezing on six days (January 6th, 7th, 23rd, 24th, 28th, and 29th), which was the most for any January since 1985. The record for the most days below freezing in January occurred in 1978 (13 days). Low temperatures fell below 10 degrees on five days (January 6th, 7th, 24th, 29th and 30th), which was the most in any January since 1977, when single digit temperatures occurred on eight days. Record low temperatures were set on the 6th and 7th, with morning lows of 8 and 4 degrees, respectively. Record low maximum temperatures of 25 degrees and 20 degrees occurred on the 6th and the 28th, respectively."

Yea the rejects are on the news networks right now. The AGW/polar vortex liberal hype train will crank up after jan 1st. Maybe that train and our Poo Choo train can hook up and ride together.

We just need 1 thread 1/1 to 1/6. It’s getting too busy. Hard to keep up. Just a thought. Happy Friday and to another 3 day weekend!

Error_Message.png

I should also add that I'm just tired. I'm on break, I shouldn't be but I am. I think I brought it on myself. I'm not down, but when a model run is stressing me out and has my heart pounding when I'm going to sleep, I've put too much into things.

I'll be up late to watch a bowl again, but not as late and won't be in on the euro.

Ugh ffs the 18z NAM is trying to suck me back in for New Years' Day.
Every model sucks, but the NAM I believe will trend a bit wetter for all and other models will come on board the day of or just before. It gave me flakes before any model did and I got a trace of snow recently, so I'm all aboard the NAM train because all the other conductors are out to lunch.

Every model sucks, but the NAM I believe will trend a bit wetter for all and other models will come on board the day of or just before. It gave me flakes before any model did and I got a trace of snow recently, so I'm all aboard the NAM train because all the other conductors are out to lunch.

I totally agree. The NAM was so much further NW, consistently vs other guidance w/ that event you're talking about a few days ago so I can buy into it. Anything that falls here will stick immediately it's been so darn cold. Got to 15 last night in RDU and the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds are actually beginning to freeze over

I should also add that I'm just tired. I'm on break, I shouldn't be but I am. I think I brought it on myself. I'm not down, but when a model run is stressing me out and has my heart pounding when I'm going to sleep, I've put too much into things.

I'll be up late to watch a bowl again, but not as late and won't be in on the euro.
Watching the Cotton Bowl ?

chill.jpg

Well thinking it will be interesting to see how local TV Mets do with NYE and what NAM is showing now, with what happened with "December Thumper" early this month...

It's great being here in the midwest. I really don't wanna go back down south. Cold and snowy. This is like a dream. Somebody pinch me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back