• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think my ideal place to live would be the NC mountains. You have beautiful scenery, pleasant summer temps, a good bit of snow, and southern hospitality. What more could you ask for ?

yeah I don't think up north is really my thing, just a place where snow is a tad easier to get and yet its not around all winter

I love Webber and all that he contributes to this forum but sometimes I wish when he writes very lengthy posts that he would break them down into paragraphs.

East Tn is great in a lot of ways.. except Chattanooga is way on the low end for yearly snow.. We do good some years, but get screwed a lot also. My ideal location would be somewhere up in the Smokies foothills... near Gatlinburg, but not so near I have to deal with tourist traffic everyday.

yeah I don't think up north is really my thing, just a place where snow is a tad easier to get and yet its not around all winter
I think Kansas or Oklahoma may be the place for you. I personally dont think I would enjoy living there because I dont care for tornadoes. NC or VA would be good places to live if you like snow but dont want too much of it.

East Tn is great in a lot of ways.. except Chattanooga is way on the low end for yearly snow.. We do good some years, but get screwed a lot also. My ideal location would be somewhere up in the Smokies foothills... near Gatlinburg, but not so near I have to deal with tourist traffic everyday.
I think Chattanooga is a beautiful city and you get snow there nearly every year.

I need to get back to what I used to do when I first started on the forums, read the RAH forecast discussions and then come to the board if they mention a winter storm. Just wasting time being on here all day to get nothing.

I need to get back to what I used to do when I first started on the forums, read the RAH forecast discussions and then come to the board if they mention a winter storm. Just wasting time being on here all day to get nothing.

All the offices are basically saying "if there is moisture,we get Wintry weather". So you'd still be here, lol.

There is nothing worse than cold and dry. This winter had potential to be the best with the early December threat and then if it would have switched to 75 that would be perfect to me. Now it’s cold and we are getting teased with fake threats. Regardless this winter will still get an A+ from me. 4 inches of snow will be an A no matter what happens

There is nothing worse than cold and dry. This winter had potential to be the best with the early December threat and then if it would have switched to 75 that would be perfect to me. Now it’s cold and we are getting teased with fake threats. Regardless this winter will still get an A+ from me. 4 inches of snow will be an A no matter what happens
Its not even January yet. Just chill out and enjoy the ride. Lots of winter to go. Besides, you will be happy come summer when there are very few bugs thanks to all this cold and dry weather.

After visiting the North, I could honestly say that I never think that I would enjoy residing there. While the scenery may be beautiful and the culture very plentiful in history, the people leave much to be desired and everyone fails to realize that Southern hospitality truly exists until you physically leave the South. I would prefer to live in a climate that it snows more, but it wouldn't be in an area north of Virginia/Kentucky. Whenever I opened my mouth at virtually every place in Cincinnati, I got asked if I was from Alabama.

After visiting the North, I could honestly say that I never think that I would enjoy residing there. While the scenery may be beautiful and the culture very plentiful in history, the people leave much to be desired and everyone fails to realize that Southern hospitality truly exists until you physically leave the South. I would prefer to live in a climate that it snows more, but it wouldn't be in an area north of Virginia/Kentucky. Whenever I opened my mouth at virtually every place in Cincinnati, I got asked if I was from Alabama.
Im not totally sure about people in the south being more friendly than other areas. People in Nebraska and Kansas are very friendly and the people here in Indiana i have found to be very friendly as well. You are basing your experiences on Cincinnati which is a big city. No matter what part of the country you are in, if you visit a big city you are more likely IMO to come across people who are not as friendly.

Im not totally sure about people in the south being more friendly than other areas. People in Nebraska and Kansas are very friendly and the people here in Indiana i have found to be very friendly as well. You are basing your experiences on Cincinnati which is a big city. No matter what part of the country you are in, if you visit a big city you are more likely IMO to come across people who are not as friendly.
I've been all over the NE as well and the people in rural areas are friendlier than what you would encounter in places like Boston/Philadelphia. However, they aren't on the same level of friendly as you would encounter in rural Georgia.

We can't win for losing down here! We are chasing these wild gooses like fools! Why are we still even looking into the after New Year threat? We suck.

Lol I may end up being up for the Euro even though I didn't think I'd be. I'm trying to watch the end of the bowl game I have on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back