• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the Euro didn't exactly shut things down last night, wasn't good today but I don't think it's a given that the Euro is going to be horrible.
I hope something better pops up. Cause man this is starting to get depressing. About to get on my hands and knees and beg here shortly. Please show something King Euro!! Lol

the Euro just needs to cancel the storm so we can move onto the next fantasy that will never verify :p

I think it's coming honestly man. The Euro was trending southeast too so I think the next run drops this "threat" completely too.

Lol well im not near the Great Lakes so not sure that has much impact on the weather where I am. They are saying we could get a couple inches tomorrow with temps in the teens. Then temps close to -10 on Tues morning !
yeah, I know in rare instances you can get LES as far down as Tennessee... probably more to do with clipper low placement...

on this map you can see LES bands deep into Indiana though:
GreatLakes_TMO_2006343_lrg.jpg

Living in the south is just torture for snow weenies. I suggest all of you pack your bags and head north.

oh I think about it often lol

I dunno if I really like cold all the time though, without snow it gets old, like I actually didn't hate the fact we hit 75 last week lol

oh I think about it often lol

I dunno if I really like cold all the time though, without snow it gets old
Well you only live once. Maybe one day in the near future you can try it out just to see what its like. If you dont like it you can always move back to a warmer climate.

Well you only live once. Maybe one day in the near future you can try it out just to see what its like. If you dont like it you can always move back to a warmer climate.

walking around Chicago in 2 weeks should be a good trial run lmao

Moving North would do nothing but make snow a nuisance. The point in the South, it being rare.

this... and up there everything doesn't just shut down when it snows like it does here.

Moving North would do nothing but make snow a nuisance. The point in the South, it being rare.
Unless you live in a place where you get a decent amount of snow but not too much like Erie, PA for instance. Where i am at right now averages about 25" but last winter there was only 10". 25" is really not much snow compared to a lot of places.

Like I've said I likely won't be leaving the south. Sometime in the future I want to move back to North Georgia for good though (not really just for weather purposes though).

Time to apologize.

Dear fellow weenies, I am truly sorry for becoming positive about the snow threats. It appears that when I become positive about a storm, it dies. As long as I bash the storm it does well, aka 12/8. The two latest threats were looking good until I killed them. So with my apology, I promise to hate every threat, ridicule every ridge, trash every trough, slam every shortwave and spit on every decent model run. I promise to be negative even if the Clone of the Superstorm is on every model and ensemble twelve hours away.

Forgive me my fellow weather nerds.

I really think my ideal place to live would be the NC mountains. You have beautiful scenery, pleasant summer temps, a good bit of snow, and southern hospitality. What more could you ask for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back