• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really going to suck if we don't get a storm next week with all this cold. What a waste. Just go ahead and skip to spring if this is what this winter is going to be like. So tired of fantasy storms. They even show up 5 days out now only to be a mirage.

I think there needs to be a “Shark Tank” thread for each storm. When someone decides to cliff jump they can go post the reasons why they are done with a particular storm and then end with “for those reasons I’m out.” LMAOOO

It's really going to suck if we don't get a storm next week with all this cold. What a waste. Just go ahead and skip to spring if this is what this winter is going to be like. So tired of fantasy storms. They even show up 5 days out now only to be a mirage.
I mean, I'm used to 10 day fantasy storms. But now the models seem to be even worse showing 5 day storms only for them to turn to crap the next day. I can't believe the technology is that off.

Yeah I like to use Banter for actual discussion on other topics at times (but I promise, if I am not sure I'm providing any discussion I TRY to avoid posting at all in the other threads). Might need another thread for cliff divers lmao.

How about the weeklies and it’s control run for next week...LOL!
f71f06cfeab502697820f4d1ebf66e87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm well was doing a bit of browsing, and came upon this tidbit reference the 2017 Severe weather year
1) There were four High Risks issued (Most since 2011)
2) Only four Strong (EF 3 or 4) tornadoes occurred AFTER March 1st..

With the Severe season being fairly intense to start, then basicly "shutting the door" wondering if our winter will be the same...

I mean, I'm used to 10 day fantasy storms. But now the models seem to be even worse showing 5 day storms only for them to turn to crap the next day. I can't believe the technology is that off.
According to your stats, the technology improved by 100% in one year! That’s an amazing upgrade! What more do ya want, Brick?!

Webber is one smart dude. For now on if he isn’t all in NO ONE SHOULD BE. I want to WX smart like him when I grow up.

A lot of the stuff he posts, is actually learnable free, online or in college text books. Once you get the basics of everything down, with the atmosphere, you can start moving into the more advanced stuff.

I'm just getting started outside the basic stuff. There is a LOT.

Sometimes I go back to reflect on what I was when I was a young teen on the other other board and I just think...wow. I was just silly then compared to now. I had just learned about weather models then but didn't try to dig deeper even though it interested me. I'm much more accepting of whatever happens now (really even was from when I was an older teen) but even still I didn't try to dig deeper on models until last winter. But I do think I have a basic grasp on what to look for on the 500 maps now and like to try to read them if I'm not being lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back