• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of wishcasting in the Dec 31-March 1 main storm thread! Don't know how put lipstick on that pig!

I went 10 years without a snow over 2 inches here in Chattanooga, from 97 to Feb 2007... I guess I can't complain about this decade for a while now.. Last big snow here was Feb 2015, when I got around 8 inches at my house.

The curse lives on... Does it stay alive?
Gonna be a party pooper here but after last week of December...

January it appears to go downhill our Pacific hose/southern jet gets cut off and storm track begins to lift north for couple weeks... Enjoy the below normal temps though grrr...

Edit exception will be those in North Carolina expect y'all to cash in one more time in early January

Not giving up here until after February 20th, then I will throw in the towel, February 10th thru the 20th can be our best time in the CSRA.
Yeah but it's so much nicer to get snow this time of year when the sun angle is much lower ! Also, I seriously doubt the ground temps will be colder in February than it will be over the next week.

I’m honestly getting tired of the incendiary comments, and quite honestly the immature comments I’ve been seeing here over the last few days. I don’t want to be a downer, but come on now...

“Let’s get all aboard the poo train!”. Listen, I want snow as much as the next guy, but can we stick to just the analysis of the models and keep banter where it belongs? There’s a thread dedicated for that kind of stuff. You can move this post if you’d like, but I’m here to learn about the weather and analyze what the models are outputting. I’m not here to have to read through posts that are banter or saying we DEFINITELY aren’t getting anything or definitely getting something when this potential storm is still 6+ days away.
Frankly, agree with you 100%. Being the most guilty convict of them all, I'll offer this as a plea for mercy ... there is a great deal of good info and learning here, but right now we're staring at a NINA and one (perhaps) last shot for 10 or so months. So pardon the misplaced banter, but you are indeed correct!
Best,
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back