• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said and so true. Did anyone see the sun dog today? And wintery clouds? Such a sign...
I didn’t see a sundog today. They seem to be pretty common, though. Always nice to see. I’ve only ever seen one ring around the sun, though. It was cool. It had a jet chemtrail go right through the middle of the sun and bisect it and the ring. :)

Any extra asshats laying around?
Sooooooo much potential thes next 10 days! Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, the arcticgeddon is coming,
To take yo life!
Snow so deep,
Can't get through, with a jeep! :(
giphy.gif

Really happy to see the moderators start to crack down a bit on here. There just seems to be a small contingent of users who post just to post and don't really add anything constructive to the conversation. I do love this website more than others for the simple fact of freedom of what we can say and it isn't made up of a seniority clique(could be because it's a relatively new site), but there definitely seems to be a lot of spam in the storm discussion threads from a handful of users who can post their off-topic thoughts or complaints in the banter/vent thread instead.

Did I miss something?

Either way, this GFS run is about to create a shizzstorm.
Would be nice if we could track a snowstorm in from 6/7 days out. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that. I’ll be very surprised if we don’t see a broad move away from a winter storm over the next few cycles. :(

I didn’t see a sundog today. They seem to be pretty common, though. Always nice to see. I’ve only ever seen one ring around the sun, though. It was cool. It had a jet chemtrail go right through the middle of the sun and bisect it and the ring. :)
Wow, that sounds lovely.

Would be nice if we could track a snowstorm in from 6/7 days out. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that. I’ll be very surprised if we don’t see a broad move away from a winter storm over the next few cycles. :(
Unfortunately, we've seen this movie before, and it's not fun like watching Forrest Gump over and over.

I know that models shouldn't be trusted after 240 hours, but man this winter is making it to where why have anything outside of 144 hours? Just have everything afterward be about trends.

I know that models shouldn't be trusted after 240 hours, but man this winter is making it to where why have anything outside of 144 hours? Just have everything afterward be about trends.
Yeah, it's becoming where if anything first shows up outside 5 days on the models you can pretty much count on it not happening.

there never was great support for the New Years storm anyway... lol
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Presidents Day, Valentine's Day ...
This is the SE ...
When we're lucky, it's just a Tuesday morning wake-up call no one ever expected ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back