• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gfs_asnow24_us_37.png
bhahahaha

WxSouth still seems to be banging the drum on facebook about upcoming threats .

The short range models show a weak wave scooting across the Deep South tonight. This is the sneaky wave I alerted to my subscribers late last week, regarding how sneaky waves can arrive earlier than anticipated. Its weak, but will still drop a little bit of sleet and snow in part of central to northern MS, AL, GA and SC as well as probably mostly snow/sleet in eastern NC by tomorrow. This isn't a lot of moisture, but it doesn't take much sleet to make things slick. Keep an eye on radars from this point on tonight and tomorrow morning in those regions. Then all eyes on the next weak system Thursday night and early Friday, around the same regions. And then, by Sunday into Monday yet another chance in the Southeast. And then later next week, yet another chance. The moral of the story here, and has been, is there are many waves in the flow to watch, and each one has cold air to work with, so it remains interesting for sure

The JB of the South, thank you for this

This year's been worse than I remember. I can understand storms not working out in the 240+ range, but when you have storms disappearing on the reg that are even closer, like me joking with my dad and other family about the 5-6 inches of fantasy snow that was showing in Lafayette, GA that really shouldn't be in fantasy land for Christmas but really was (it was within a week). Truthfully since it was off and on, I didn't fully buy it and it eventually just disappeared.

I am going to be glad when the GFS is done.
It's the total lack of consistency from run to run even at 5 to 7 days out, and how the models look completely different from each other that kills me. It really shouldn't be that bad. But I see why mets on TV don't call for a winter storm until at least 72 hours out. You can't depend on the models past 5 days, and that is really horrible in this day and age.

and now its stuck at hour 0

nice work

Models these days smh

the meteogram is starting to roll into Thursday now at least.. progress

The subtleties and meanings of words/phrases seem to be lost by majority of a couple of generations these days

I just have to say, based on my December so far, this has already been a fantastic damn winter! Was driving through heavy snow earlier unexpectedly and it was just icing on the cake and the real goods aren’t even in play yet. Incredible winter unfolding in front of our eyes. F-ing incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just have to say, based on my December so far, this has already been a fantastic damn winter! Was driving through heavy snow earlier unexpectedly and it was just icing on the cake and the real goods aren’t even in play yet. Incredible winter unfolding in front of our eyes. F-ing incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must be nice. This winter has sucked so far and the calendar year of 2017 sucked as a whole.

I love a ripe pattern—ripe for a weenie roast! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back