• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather be in the upper 60s and 70s and be done if Wintry precipitation isn't going to occur.
Same here. The only good thing about cold weather is the chance of snow. If there isn't any snow it's just useless.

I honestly can't tell in the January thread if we have a shot at a storm the first week of the month or not. Models seem to be all over the place and no consistency at all.

WxSouth still seems to be banging the drum on facebook about upcoming threats .

The short range models show a weak wave scooting across the Deep South tonight. This is the sneaky wave I alerted to my subscribers late last week, regarding how sneaky waves can arrive earlier than anticipated. Its weak, but will still drop a little bit of sleet and snow in part of central to northern MS, AL, GA and SC as well as probably mostly snow/sleet in eastern NC by tomorrow. This isn't a lot of moisture, but it doesn't take much sleet to make things slick. Keep an eye on radars from this point on tonight and tomorrow morning in those regions. Then all eyes on the next weak system Thursday night and early Friday, around the same regions. And then, by Sunday into Monday yet another chance in the Southeast. And then later next week, yet another chance. The moral of the story here, and has been, is there are many waves in the flow to watch, and each one has cold air to work with, so it remains interesting for sure

I've been lurking on this board since I found it during the March 1, 2009 storm while I was a student at the University of Georgia. I can never remember a winter that's been as frustrating as this one and am honestly looking forward to severe weather season. I've basically accepted the fact that my chances of seeing any snow this winter are abysmal to mediocre at best and it's beyond absurd to constantly watch models depict fantasy storms that ultimately will never verify.

This year's been worse than I remember. I can understand storms not working out in the 240+ range, but when you have storms disappearing on the reg that are even closer, like me joking with my dad and other family about the 5-6 inches of fantasy snow that was showing in Lafayette, GA that really shouldn't be in fantasy land for Christmas but really was (it was within a week). Truthfully since it was off and on, I didn't fully buy it and it eventually just disappeared.

I am going to be glad when the GFS is done.

We shouldn't even be getting a shot at the threats we are, in a La Nina. I consider the chances a win.

00z gefs
4d3f867a6e62282f5f4d3da71bc43520.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we end up with a discussion thread for New Years, I may not be here so I can't, but someone should seriously name it "This is not a storm thread for New Years" xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back