• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand why people think ZR is a good thing in large amounts. Sure, it looks nice at 0.25 and less.

It's like they don't understand what happens to their trees, power lines, and all the food in their freezer after days without power. It's really not fun, and gets old quickly.

Yesterday's 12z GFS had the right idea. Winter precip is over until 2019 for most of the southeast.

snow-04.jpg

I will never understand why people think ZR is a good thing in large amounts. Sure, it looks nice at 0.25 and less.

It's like they don't understand what happens to their trees, power lines, and all the food in their freezer after days without power. It's really not fun, and gets old quickly.
I agree. .1 to .2 is nice to look at with glaze but getting up to .25 or more (ice storm warning range) isn't. CMC was nice giving me 2-3 inches sn/ip, but unfortunately it's the only model with that idea. Not going to lie though I am a bit concerned in regards to possibility of major zr around these parts and sure back up your way. Even euro being dryer it's .2-.3 zr across Atl Metro and .3-.4 around your area is concerning. Not as bad as earlier runs and CMC zr runs, but that amount can still cause a lot of issues...not as bad as 1"+ ZR I guess. Here's to hoping 925s came cool and get more IP than ZR, or the GGEM is correct.

Has the DWD model ran yet, also is there a free site for it that covers this time frame?

Looks like we went from 3 for 3, to 0 for 3 , in about 24 hours! :(

Panthers look horrible today, almost as if they expected Tampa to just roll over..... they lose to the Bucs they don't deserve to get in the playoffs!

What the hell are you talking about?
Don't get your panties all bunched up! Do you see a 2nd and 3rd storm on the Euro?? Oh yeah, you can't read models! But they weren't there, and enjoy your flurries on Thursday! :(

Right now there's about 15% chance of the upstate seeing snow, about a 95% chance of Clemson winning! Roll Tide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back