• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Phil, Storm5, SD, and all the admins and supporters of this forum, Merry Christmas! I love "hanging out" with you guys. Don't ever change. :)
Breaking a vow of silence on this one.
Merry Christmas back, Nan!
Change seems inevitable, but I for one won't.
Catch you later and in private.
Best!
Phil

I thought making a hypothetical guess of Augusta, GA being the ZR cutoff (if there is even a storm) was bullish and thought about not posting it.

Then, Euro comes out with the solution and makes me wonder if it's even far enough South with the wedge!

For the sake of the board no one buy the following items as they will jinx us:
Sled
Snow shovel
Bread
Milk
Generator
Skis
Snow mobile
Ice skates

Beer is acceptable

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think you should add:

Eggs
Snowblower
Snow plow (If you can afford one or are crazy enough)
A large supply of ice melt

Ugh. Last night there was widespread ice threat, now it's a SN event for the upper south. We barely got a dusting from the "storm" two weeks ago. Looks like nothingburgers this time.

Wish the board wouldn't use "board wide event" for things that only happen in TN/NC/VA and above.

Ugh. Last night there was widespread ice threat, now it's a SN event for the upper south. We barely got a dusting from the "storm" two weeks ago. Looks like nothingburgers this time.

Wish the board wouldn't use "board wide event" for things that only happen in TN/NC/VA and above.
I classify board wide from Macon Northward, as that is as close as we can get for a system that includes a majority of the board.

The Weather Channel app has highs in the 30s for 9 days straight in Raleigh, with like 3 days of lows in the teens. And lots of snow showers and rain/snow. Sweet baby jesus I hope it is accurate. I'd love a few free vacation days from work haha. I wonder what the longest stretch of 30 degree highs is in Raleigh? I'd imagine 9 days would be nearing the record

The Weather Channel app has highs in the 30s for 9 days straight in Raleigh, with like 3 days of lows in the teens. And lots of snow showers and rain/snow. Sweet baby jesus I hope it is accurate. I'd love a few free vacation days from work haha. I wonder what the longest stretch of 30 degree highs is in Raleigh? I'd imagine 9 days would be nearing the record
I believe it's 7

These temps on the euro remind me of the 96 storm where it was in the teens with sleet and freezing rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back