• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a written policy that says the manager can approve up to 40 hours of PTO in the negative by just approving the time sheet. Now the manager is being told not to do that by the dept head. So what's the use of the written policy?

could be worse; have your job changed from non-exempt to exempt and have over 700 hours of unpaid overtime in the 8 months since it happened..

could be worse; have your job changed from non-exempt to exempt and have over 700 hours of unpaid overtime in the 8 months since it happened..
I was actually changed from salary to hourly, but that was worse for me. We never get overtime anyway, and now I don't get paid for holidays. I have to use PTO to get paid for a day if we're closed. It makes more sense with what I do to be salary because we have deadlines we have to meet. It matters more how much we actually get done a day versus if you work 8 hours a day or not.

NWS in Wilmington, OH issued a SWS saying 1-3" possible tomorrow and another 1-2" on Sunday. I may get to use my new snow shovel after all.

Sounds like you work for the state of NC, not that I'd know anything about that

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It’s the 18z GFS don’t we toss it...Has JB already tweeted the snow totals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please forgive me if already asked a thousand times - but are everyone else’s time stamps on the posts off like mine are?

EDIT: I fixed your time settings. You were set to London England.

I think you can set your time settings in your profile.

Gefs much more excited this run about the New Years storm
b8661d73dd46b74da0aef4c48d9c2df8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The in-house letitsnow map is much more bullish on a few area's; and has a huge snow hole in the mid-atlantic
fixed_snow_map.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back