• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people say they dont want an ice storm but a lot of those same people would be jealous if they are getting a cold rain and 20 miles away they are getting ice.
i hate cold rain with a passion... but i love it over any ice ... anytime... i went thought the feb 1994 major ice storm... terrible memories

if we cat get snow... i would take a good pure sleet feast.... in december 2004... i got 5 inches of pure sleet... that was pretty cool... least it bounces off the power lines. saves power.... but it sure does make for some slick driving.... i had a wreck during that even.... it stayed on the ground for days as temps stayed below freezing....

So, how do you think employees will feel if their manager is not allowed by the department head to use a written policy that the company has regarding paid time off that benefits the employees?

So, how do you think employees will feel if their manager is not allowed by the department head to use a written policy that the company has regarding paid time off that benefits the employees?

2f80bcd3dd91dd761a1c646b231f40f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a written policy that says the manager can approve up to 40 hours of PTO in the negative by just approving the time sheet. Now the manager is being told not to do that by the dept head. So what's the use of the written policy?

We have a written policy that says the manager can approve up to 40 hours of PTO in the negative by just approving the time sheet. Now the manager is being told not to do that by the dept head. So what's the use of the written policy?

Why are they saying not to do it? If it’s a written policy they are pretty much up a creek unless they’ve change the policy and sent out a written notice or have it written to say the department head can deny at any time

Why are they saying not to do it? If it’s a written policy they are pretty much up a creek unless they’ve change the policy and sent out a written notice

I don't know why, and it's not the same deal throughout the company. The written policy says the managers can approve it, and they are taking that away from the manager. I guess they are trying to get around it by saying well, the manager won't approve it, but the only reason why is because the manager is being told not to by the dept head. So, there's really no sense in having the policy at all then. My thing is either change the written policy, or make sure it's being used the same and equally by all departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back