• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaving this site for good. I'm leaving on a good note. I'm just tired of the bickering back and forth, who's right more than the other, which model is better and having those downhill moments every day here. It's so unprofessional for the weather community. It's just not a friendly environment here for me. It's not worth to anyone to be here, if there is bickering back and forth going on every single day. There's no enforcement here from the admins, and things here go out of control way too often. I've been banned from this site already once for no reason last year, things being deleted from my signature, seems like some take sides of one another. I gave it a 2nd chance of being here, and the environment has not changed. All the non sense is a disgrace, and I'm not going to deal with it no longer. Time for me to say goodbye to all here on this site. It was good chatting with you all. Good luck Southern Wx.

Best regards,
Don.

ca92c21fdb44b116e20c2bdb6bf87dca.jpg

547d1ece87801e042ac3cdbc1c022d40.jpg

One can only hope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm leaving this site for good. I'm leaving on a good note. I'm just tired of the bickering back and forth, who's right more than the other, which model is better and having those downhill moments every day here. It's so unprofessional for the weather community. It's just not a friendly environment here for me. It's not worth to anyone to be here, if there is bickering back and forth going on every single day. There's no enforcement here from the admins, and things here go out of control way too often. I've been banned from this site already once for no reason last year, things being deleted from my signature, seems like some take sides of one another. I gave it a 2nd chance of being here, and the environment has not changed. All the non sense is a disgrace, and I'm not going to deal with it no longer. Time for me to say goodbye to all here on this site. It was good chatting with you all. Good luck Southern Wx.

Best regards,
Don.

Actually you are 100% incorrect. You did this last year and we banned you when you asked to be banned. You signed back up and here we are again with your swan song bc the whole site is against you blah blah blah. You were give a more than adequate opportunity but you are banned again so you aren't tempted to come back.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think it's pretty funny how stormlover gets his panties in a wad every time there's even a mention of a warm up and automatically assumes I'm talking about climate change lol. Yes we know it's warming, it's a combination of greenhouse gas emissions and natural variability, so is it really our fault? Absolutely not. GHG forcing is more applicable and evident over timescales of at least several decades or centuries and natural variability is capable of even cooling the climate monetarily over periods of several years to a few decades or so but in the long run we will keep warming. Idk what's so religious about this haha. Anyway I guess I'm gonna have to take up storm's idea to drink 30 of these prickly pear margs.

Hopefully, the pot stirrer has been eliminated. If someone thinks that @Webberweather53 has any agenda besides discussing his love for weather, they are absolutely wrong. I'm going to just keep reading and learning as much from him as I can. Webber, you talk above my head often, but I'm really glad you are here posting!

you actually can't thoroughly discuss these models and patterns without referencing the warming background state of the Earth... you're leaving out very significant parameters because a certain vocal minority segment comes unglued at any mention of it. Imagine it was like this on biology 'discussion boards' in the nineteenth century in threads about fossil record, taxonomy and the tree of life..

And please don't forget how warm the ground is; that always messes up everything, not.. lol

Haha it's definitely not what it's cracked up to be but I can attest to the fact it has an impact for sure. During the last decent snowfall here in central NC last March, nothing stuck to the ground where I was located in Fayetteville, everything pretty much stuck to metal or elevated surfaces and that was about it even though we had decent snowfall rates. Areas further south and west towards upstate SC, or even Wilmington had appreciably accumulation in grassy areas however as did Raleigh w/ less precip so I likely just got unlucky...

Hopefully, the pot stirrer has been eliminated. If someone thinks that @Webberweather53 has any agenda besides discussing his love for weather, they are absolutely wrong. I'm going to just keep reading and learning as much from him as I can. Webber, you talk above my head often, but I'm really glad you are here posting!
I always appreciate Webb's comments, even when I don't understand them. Before this site when I lived in Central North Carolina I would always check his twitter page (along with Allan Huffman's) when there was a snow threat. He always would tell it straight regarding the threat. If he was excited about our chances then I knew we might get a good storm.

Guys, I really feel the 27th-3rd is the period we need to watch. Although I feel like the first system will cut, but the next storm is the one we need to watch out for. I also would not be surprised to see one sneak up on us on Christmas day, even though the models are not showing it. You also could argue the 27th-5th. I could see a storm occurring every day during that period. :eek::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back