• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the coldest air i have seen so far in northern canada is growing into a larger area. minus 29 is the coldest so far up there......

Christmas miracles, low sun angles, snowpack , long nights, the air can get colder and more dense, building higher pressures

Does anyone know if there's a way to change or alter your name ? I'd like to have a space between the words Southeast and Ridge.

Can we embed youtube videos? If so, how. I know how to copy the embed code from youtube, but don't know how to paste it here correctly. Thanks!

You can just post the Youtube link from the address bar, and it will self-embed itself.

One day work weeks are the best !!!! Today is my Friday !!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good, get me that password!

If P diddy is a part of buying the Panthers I may be done

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Likely scenario with Diddy involved would Kaepernick being part-owner. No way. Regardless, neither of them have the funds to afford it and the current ownership would never make that mistake. Current owner is old school if you know what I mean. Guy didn't even use e-mail or cell phones until 5 years ago.

I would be willing to bet the Belk family would buy it.

Better than Jordan
Jordan can't afford it, thankfully. He would need to sell his Hornets team to be able to.

how do you get an ice storm with ground temperatures well above freezing and the air temperature marginal at best?

You'd be surprised what can happen with crashing dew points and cold air rushing in at the surface from a strong high pressure. Just need the precipitation to keep developing.

not being argumentative but my comment was "marginal temperatures" very low dew points and very cold subfreezing air moving in is not a marginal situation......at 66 i have lived long enough to have seen the many types of snow and a few freezing rain events, those ZR events were up north where the ground was well below freezing.....in the south most often ZR is on elevated surfaces, and it has to get real cold fast to cause the ground surface to freeze the rain on contact.......

sure wish i had the ability to proclaim no snow for areas over a week ahead.......where do these few get the info about the future to have such profound declarations?

trends in computer models is not weather, and which "trend" is accurate since they change ever new run?

trends in computer models is not weather, and which "trend" is accurate since they change ever new run?
That's where tracking models and keeping track of what model does best comes in. That's why we give more weight to a certain model due to their accuracy of events and consistency of the runs. Call it what you want but part of meteorology is watching weather models in this day and age.

Anyone watch The Voice? Brooke Simpson is from my county, this is a small rural area so it's a pretty big deal around here. If you're not familiar she is in the final four and the front runner (just finished singing for last time tonight on the show), winners to be announced tomorrow.

Sick wife and 3 year old that’s throwing up . Happy Vacation!!!!

That sucks but look on the bright side even though it's Christmas break at least no loss school days or work hours right?

That sucks but look on the bright side even though it's Christmas break at least no loss school days or work hours right?

Correct ! Hey you have kids . How many times did you go through this ??? It’s horrible . He pukes like every 30 minutes . I guess I can safely say I’ll be up for the euro tonight

Correct ! Hey you have kids . How many times did you go through this ??? It’s horrible . He pukes like every 30 minutes . I guess I can safely say I’ll be up for the euro tonight

I just realized he's only 3, so I'm guessing not in school anyway... I'm an idiot lol. My kids are much older and it's actually been a good number of years since we've had to deal with any type of stomach flu. Seems like when they were little did go through it at least once a year, little kiddos tend to share everything.

Sick wife and 3 year old that’s throwing up . Happy Vacation!!!!

Good news is it doesn’t last to long if it’s the one that got us when we had our snow. Probably 6-8 hours. But get ready you’re probably going to get it.

Can’t wait to rag on Parker in the morning . He text me this afternoon saying he couldn’t wait for the 00z runs . Lol .......I remember what it was like being newlyweds always going to bed at the same tim lol

Can’t wait to rag on Parker in the morning . He text me this afternoon saying he couldn’t wait for the 00z runs . Lol .......I remember what it was like being newlyweds always going to bed at the same tim lol

Lol, my butt was in the bed at 8:45 last night. Thought I was gonna make it!!

Not feeling Christmas this year. Really ready for this year to just be over with. It's been a pretty sucky year personally. Started off bad, got worse, and now it's not really any better. I thought 2016 was bad, but this year was even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back