• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's sad though is Brownsville's climatology is way worse than yours lol

I know but I honestly don't think it is sad. Rather I just think it is fascinating to read about it and see pics from it. It isn't as if I feel cheated that Brownsville gets some but I get none. It is what it is. We never even had a chance from this one, regardless.

So many folks get so competitive and jealous about snow totals vs others. Not me even though I LOVE snow, especially in the South. We have no control over it. I haven't seen even a single flake in several years.

Last edited:
Larry, I would go crazy if I couldn't see snow for that long. Have you considered coming back to Atlanta before a storm?

Can’t believe I’m watching another winter storm give me a glancing blow to the SOUTH! Two years in a row central AL gets snow and us in the North get flurries.

Larry, I would go crazy if I couldn't see snow for that long. Have you considered coming back to Atlanta before a storm?

I have and one time when I still had a place in ATL and had been visiting SAV, I left SAV early to experience it. It was on 1/19/2008, when I got a beautiful wet 2" on the north-side.

Model should be renamed to WTF.... that's just stupid.
b2cfc00bfb9a15aec14055405ec36da5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My wife invented a word for me to use in situations like this: wettertraurig. Its German for weather+sad, and its how I feel at times like this when I'm missing out on the snow action.

this is just amazing that for the first time since I’ve lived in Georgia I am in the sweet spot. This could go down as the biggest snowfall I’ve seen here. I remember the blizzard of 93 and we got the shaft where we lived in Kennesaw and got less than 7”. We have 3” on the ground now and it isn’t letting up

Looks like we aren't going to change over tomorrow either

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What is it about the Raleigh area that makes it too warm versus locations further south that are getting pounded now? I don't get it.

there are ski resorts not even open yet due to lack of snow and yet this is happening

:eek:

Have to admit I was a skeptic but yeah, so much for that

again time to post the science TRUTH, the climate/climo is a set of statistics, it is NOT a force and has zero control over the weather........it is a factor yes but something that has the power to stop a weather event NO WAY.

What is it about the Raleigh area that makes it too warm versus locations further south that are getting pounded now? I don't get it.
I always assumed it had something to do with being just far enough from the mountains and just close enough to the coast, but really I have no idea. I would also be interested in know from an expert on why RDU is so much further north, but always seems to just miss when areas hundreds of miles south of us hit.

I always assumed it had something to do with being just far enough from the mountains and just close enough to the coast, but really I have no idea. I would also be interested in know from an expert on why RDU is so much further north, but always seems to just miss when areas hundreds of miles south of us hit.
I'm no expert by any means, but storm track and high placement, or in this case the lack thereof, plays a huge role. The mountains factor in too, low level cold can penetrate deep in the south west of the apps. We need a high to our north funneling in a steady supply of cold dry air or a bomb off the coast to pull down the cold down or it's always going to be marginal with central NC being on the line. You can score in these marginal setups if there is snow pack to our north to bring temps down just a degree or two, we don't have that either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back