• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand all of the discussion about hoping you have a good roof if it snows. Accumulation of 1 to 2" is not going to hurt anything. Maybe a 12" or more snow might exceed your typical wall base flashing, but that's not ever going to happen down here...

I just wish algorithms were factored in accounting for the northwest shift which has occurred 100% of the time I have lived in ATL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You just have to make the adjustment yourself. If it shows snow south of Columbus, GA to Dublin, GA, at 36 hours, you can safely adjust that 75 miles to the north.

Does the same rule apply to TX or is it mainly a GA and AL rule?

haven't noticed it in TX yet... the one big storm we had the first year(March 2015) I was here shifted south to benefit us so *shrugs* (best storm ever, expecting sleet and get heavy thundersnow for 3 hours), didn't last long but it was amazing

Hasnt really been much else on a wide enough scale to tell. The only snow since then has been a couple fast moving bands really

I'm betting on a winter storm warning from Cedartown to cleveland sometime tonight.

Same. I really expect an increase in FFC's forecast for those areas. Also, Everyone betting on the RAP and getting RAP'd are in for a disappointment I am sure.
i'm sure. It'll be interesting to see. Not sure if I like how warm it is today with a full cloud deck. We will see.

curious to see how much snow melts on the ground... temps are so warm still

I'm sure some places will really do well but I bet some other areas really struggle

really like the area around Cheaha and NW of ATL

Last edited:
Happy for our posters in southern Misssissippi and Alabama. They don’t usually get to see snow, so I’m hoping this turns out well for them!

Ryan Maue putting us on the edge of snow/mix/rain. That means probably rain.

My niece just sent me this pic, not the best quality but snow is sticking.... this is just outside San Antonio, Tx. She hates snow, I love snow, what's wrong with this picture lol
d2b6aadbe2e7ed78b464ee8b9ae0f72d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My niece just sent me this pic, not the best quality but snow is sticking.... this is just outside San Antonio, Tx. She hates snow, I love snow, what's wrong with this picture lol
d2b6aadbe2e7ed78b464ee8b9ae0f72d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back