• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the 3k nam has a nice stripe of snow Saturday afternoon here.... I'm back in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

it appears something is dropping south through new mexico and snow is starting to expand there heading towards the already snowing areas of texas

While I understand reminding posters that those clown maps won't verify, I've done it, and friendly reminder to temper expectations I do take exception to the post that come across as how you must take this, or what you must consider a win... not a fan

In other words remind someone to temper expectations don't demand it...

Last edited:
That's rich, the guy that is always criticizing others for being too pessimistic is saying some people take this too seriously! :rolleyes:
Exhibit A. If you're pessimistic all the time that's actually taking it too seriously instead of just being hopeful and seeing what happens. So is being snarky and a jerk on a message board about weather, which we have no control over.

That's enough guys. Even though this is the banter thread, we won't tolerate personal attacks.

NOT trying to start anything but must say those referring to "climo" as if it is some force that controls the weather, please understand the "climo" or climate is just a set of STATISTICS, the average of the weather stats from the previous 30 years for a given area, the "climo" is not a force and has NO control over any weather event.

NOT trying to start anything but must say those referring to "climo" as if it is some force that controls the weather, please understand the "climo" or climate is just a set of STATISTICS, the average of the weather stats from the previous 30 years for a given area, the "climo" is not a force and has NO control over any weather event.
That may be true. But when it doubt always go with climo.

I'm wondering if the weather services will start having to play catch up if the models continue to trend this way.

The other board is now the "other" board for me. A lot more traffic here now. The only thing missing are some mets from the other board.

Over time, I am sure they will find their way over. Speaking of that, if there are any mets or students of meteorology registered here, let us know so we can get your account setup.

I just logged on through PC, I like that holiday banner!

Thanks, itt's just a quick thing, I am likely working on some other things to make it more festive as we get closer to the holiday season. Don't want to do too much while we are so active!

I hope the new member named "storm5andSDsucks" is just being funny. If I had the power he would dumped otherwise.

I feel left out. What about me? If they want to register with that name, so be it. If they start making troll posts, then it's a problem. They just wanted our reaction anyway, which they just got.

Some folks take this stuff too seriously. Not as much as the other place, though.

Well Brick, people love their snow in the Southeast. Although, I do see this when it comes to severe weather too.

i freely admit i take life threatening weather conditions as a serious thing......

Thankfully (or not, depending on your preference), ground level temperatures are warm and it shouldn't be a large problem with travel. Of course, that could change.

Okay, so I see a lot of posts being removed from the storm thread. For those of you having your posts removed, don't take it personally. Our mods are doing a great job trying to keep the information relevant for those who are just now catching up and trying to figure out what's going to happen with the weather.

With that said, if you think your post has been deleted in error, let us know over here.

Over time, I am sure they will find their way over. Speaking of that, if there are any mets or students of meteorology registered here, let us know so we can get your account setup.

Thanks, itt's just a quick thing, I am likely working on some other things to make it more festive as we get closer to the holiday season. Don't want to do too much while we are so active!

I feel left out. What about me? If they want to register with that name, so be it. If they start making troll posts, then it's a problem. They just wanted our reaction anyway, which they just got.

Well Brick, people love their snow in the Southeast. Although, I do see this when it comes to severe weather too.

Thankfully (or not, depending on your preference), ground level temperatures are warm and it shouldn't be a large problem with travel. Of course, that could change.
That was a well thought out and extremely informative post, spoken so eloquently..... who is this and what did you do with Shawn?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Zero elevation. Same latitude as Miami. And they have actually had 2 accumulating snowfalls ? I dont get it.

well, your favorite reason

they are further west :p

Also helps they have mountains to their SW in Mexico... and then in a valley, cold air sinks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back