• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I'm sure the Euro will suck me right back in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Really, just seeing some snow fall with this one would be a win. Hope we get more chances at some bigger storms down the road.

my camping trip to Brevard, NC is looking great. Leaving CLT around 1:30 tomorrow...should be driving through a decent flizzard for much of the way with a few hours left of snow showers while I set up camp!

I hope the new member named "storm5andSDsucks" is just being funny. If I had the power he would dumped otherwise.

Looking into short range models hers 15z RAP. First image is 08Z (3am est) seeing some mixing AL/GA border into SW Atlanta. Second image is 10Z so 5am as batch of snow or rain/snow mix moves into Atlanta. Last image is 12z (7am) as snow begins to fill in back West over SE LA into MS and border of Alabama. I don't really know how well RAP been these days compared to HRRR or other short term guidance.
962308492ec4b0e535f0c9c4fc843d59.jpg
f3bd446de2c22a86c593a651ee10967a.jpg
f11d24af6dd5b7071d5af75e3444e0d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

is the moisture/precip field right now in texas much larger and further north than models predicted?

is the moisture/precip field right now in texas much larger and further north than models predicted?

the snow flurries reported around here were definitely a surprise, but the air is very dry here so I'm not really sure how much will survive the trip east

It's looks like it may be but I'm not sure how much of that is virga haven't checked any reporting stations.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CC is north of brownsville it appears to me the real world weather is 50 to 100 miles north of where the models predicted it to be at this time

When was the last time that happened? Places in the northeast haven’t even seen a sleet pellet yet. Nice. We should be happy with whatever we get.

Probably Christmas 2004. That's the benchmark down there. First time since the 1800s Brownsville measured snow

Some folks take this stuff too seriously. Not as much as the other place, though.

Just saw the 3k nam has a nice stripe of snow Saturday afternoon here.... I'm back in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back