• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitting refresh like

iYSiK.gif
That is sick.

I'm going for yet another cold rain in CLT. Any time we are this close to the transition zone we end up on the wrong side of it, regardless of forecast. If we want snow, the RN/SN line better be forecast down by Columbia.

Agreed. I think we get amped per the trends and we have a classic Miller A system from the gulf up the coast. But it's early December and just too warm. Without a CAD setup I think think there's not much of a chance (not to mention the lake low). I don't know about Columbia, but I at least like to see the battleground around Rock Hill at least to feel safe.

Just watched the WC. What model do they use? They had no snow at all for about 95% of the SE beside a spot here and there.
That model will probably be right! It's a serious thing for a meteorologist to call for accumulating snow in the south. It puts in motion many school closings and other postponements. That has serious, real, costs. If it's not going to be more than "white" rain in regards to travel, why not just ignore any signs of accumulation? So what if the grass and tops of cars are white?

the thing i dont get is severe weather versus snow, clearly severe weather gets warned for days in advance even a week ahead now and then and for the whole state at a time when reality is even bad severe outbreak doesnt impact the whole state or even 3% of the state, while snow indeed when it does happen impacts a very large area and people traveling anywhere it snows, BUT no real warnings happen until the event begins to happen........i agree snow in the SE is very rare, i disagree with acting as if it cant ever happen.....

main thread sure got moody over the NAM

not that the previous runs clown maps were ever gonna verify anyway lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back