• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There sure is one hell of a lot of valuable human energy being expended on a possible minor flurry event, or even a minor snow event if everyone's cards come up Aces.
Just a thought - it is 20 days until Christmas; how's about expending just a tiny little bit of the energy to help someone out who might possibly otherwise not enjoy the blessings of the season.
default_santa.gif

That's what my wife takes care of so I can stress over each and every model run and work myself into a tizzy.. lol.. Not (the tizzy part)

That's what my wife takes care of so I can stress over each and every model run and work myself into a tizzy.. lol.. Not (the tizzy part)
yeah ... but in the end it feels better and means more when you yourself do it, however small ...

The meltdown that shall ensue when some places showing snow on model/simulated radar maps realize BL issues won't let them see snow is going to be interesting.

Lets not forget about the classic "no deep moisture in the snow growth region" problem.

been in bama since 1989, this is the best set up for the next 2 weeks possibly as i have ever seen for the possibility of snow here......now located in far eastern walker county but was in pelham for the best single snow storm i have seen in 93

I would be happy just to see snow flakes!!! I haven’t seen snow in 2 years. I feel like a fat kid in a candy store looking at the potential in the next few weeks. But then again I felt this why last year and the previous... etc...

I found out where this map came from. It came from WBRC in Alabama. Not bashing some of the TV mets here in Atlanta, but geez, at least mention that you're monitoring the possible snow event. I know that they are, not sure why some TV mets are not mentioning it, instead of just saying "flurries."
2dbdd7bd4bb0cd36534e2b8fb1eac3e5.jpg

I found out where this map came from. It came from WBRC in Alabama. Not bashing some of the TV mets here in Atlanta, but geez, at least mention that you're monitoring the possible snow event. I know that they are, not sure why some TV mets are not mentioning it, instead of just saying "flurries."
2dbdd7bd4bb0cd36534e2b8fb1eac3e5.jpg
Yep. I haven’t heard anything beside a cool down for a few days. Some people might get a good surprise... hopefully I’m one of them.

Any fans here of Beethoven's 9th? Beethoven's 9th symphony 2nd movement is one of my (if not the) favorite piece of classical music. It is so good that it gives me the chills when listening to it. As a little kid and well before I knew who wrote it, I'd tune in to NBC's Huntley Brinkley evening news report at the end just so I could hear this. Anyone else remember their closing credits? I remember that sometimes they had extra time to run more credits, and I always rooted for that because that meant they'd play more of this great music. That's how much I loved this piece of music way back then. Below is a link to the full Huntley Brinkley report when Nixon was inaugurated. Just skip to about the last minute if you just want to hear the music over the closing credits. This just happened to be one of the bonus shows with an extra long playing of the music:

Any fans here of Beethoven's 9th? Beethoven's 9th symphony 2nd movement is one of my (if not the) favorite piece of classical music. It is so good that it gives me the chills when listening to it. As a little kid and well before I knew who wrote it, I'd tune in to NBC's Huntley Brinkley evening news report at the end just so I could hear this. Anyone else remember their closing credits? I remember that sometimes they had extra time to run more credits, and I always rooted for that because that meant they'd play more of this great music. That's how much I loved this piece of music way back then. Below is a link to the full Huntley Brinkley report when Nixon was inaugurated. Just skip to about the last minute if you just want to hear the music over the closing credits. This just happened to be one of the bonus shows with an extra long playing of the music:

Is this interlude a tribute to the new NAM run!?? Looks juicy, warmer?

so late in getting my Christmas lights up; never thought I'd get a snow delay at the beginning of December; what a dilemma, lol...

Salty, salty , salty, salty, salty balls

I just want to see snow this year. If New Orleans and the Gulf Coast can see it multiple times since 2000, Valdosta, GA can absolutely have a 2+ inch storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back