• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason snowmageddon got the birmingham area was it happened after a very cold period and the ground surface was below freezing, every snowflake that fell stuck, within minutes the roads were solid frozen over(car traffic melted some snow for seconds before it refroze into ice), this set up right now doesnt have that very cold pre storm setup, later this week the surface will be much cooler than it is today.

in the real world it appears something is getting its act together out in the arizona/new mexico area......

Euro says its Hammer time!

giphy.gif

i also recall that snowmageddon morning as the time on another board many people were asking what is wrong with the RADAR? because the snow was starting much faster and further north, people were thinking something is wrong with the radar, it is ONLY supposed to show what the models predicted.

I can't wait to count my 14 flakes mixed in with a moderate rain and 35 degree temps! :)

The only thing better than the play by play is how different people can see the same output and put their own "positive" or "negative" spin on it. It would be fun to see if names were redacted from the posts, could we guess who the poster was. I bet we could guess a large percentage.

example and i have no proof, but do believe a poster from years ago on James Spanns weather chat posts here they used the name spain park chris back then...not being critical of them and it doesnt really matter if they are here or not

There sure is one hell of a lot of valuable human energy being expended on a possible minor flurry event, or even a minor snow event if everyone's cards come up Aces.
Just a thought - it is 20 days until Christmas; how's about expending just a tiny little bit of the energy to help someone out who might possibly otherwise not enjoy the blessings of the season.
default_santa.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back