• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
one shot and done if it fails for whoever starts "storm" threads..
Brick started the early January storm thread last year, brought many on this board a flake at least. Looks extremely similar to what we have developing now. Especially if this potential storm is indeed slowing down.

Personally I tire of the old started the thread too early, kiss of death, this person or that person shouldn't have started it, thread jinx, nonsense. If the general discussion thread begins to get dominated by a specific storm threat, then the thread was needed, whether it snows or not. Plus this particular system still has a legitimate shot of bringing flakes to someone on this board.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Personally I tire of the old started the thread too early, kiss of death, this person or that person shouldn't have started it, thread jinx, nonsense. If the general discussion thread begins to get dominated by a specific storm threat, then the thread was needed, whether it snows or not. Plus this particular system still has a legitimate shot of bringing flakes to someone on this board.

g_Js_U0_Uo.gif

Americanwx has certainly been quieter than it used to be for a potentially legit storm threat in the medium range... Lol.
Hard to have people post when the mods act like it's life or death and ban all the good ones . Leaves you with threads full of banter. Thankfully some of those great minds have found their way over here and add an enormous amount of knowledge to the discussions.

Hard to have people post when the mods act like it's life or death and ban all the good ones . Leaves you with threads full of banter. Thankfully some of those great minds have found their way over here and add an enormous amount of knowledge to the discussions.

Agreed. I'm extremely thankful for everything you and your staff have done to get this place up & running and get it to where it is today

lol... Superstitions are real.

I really get tired of the every run of the models is what's gonna happen..

Last edited:
lol... Superstitions are real.

I really get tired of the every run of the models is what's gonna happen..

AFD's clogging up the strings are also tons of fun. There should be an automatic self-destruct action every time somebody tries to post one. weeee.......

AFD's clogging up the strings are also tons of fun. There should be an automatic self-destruct action every time somebody tries to post one. weeee.......
I would agree to an extent, I'm fine with someone posting snip-Its of a discussion to further a point I'm guilty of this myself but posting the entire discussion when one can readily find it and read it themselves is not really necessary. It does clutter up the thread just something to think about as things get really busy

If I want to watch a thread, does it automatically give an alert when someone replies on the thread, or do you still have to refresh to see the alert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back