• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Made the drive up the to Beech Mountain currently at 5k elevation. Just started heavy wet snow with rain mix. A bit more sleet starting around 4K elevation. Boone and everything around the 3500’ make is still rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It’s snowing at probably the top 1500-2000 ft of the mountains 6 miles to my NW on the state line. You can see it the snow clouds and where it’s switching over to more rain below 1700 ft.

Nothing but sleet down in Maggie Valley city limits. Getting lunch and headed up to Cataloochee, so hopefully it will still be coming down!

It is right now. Looks beautiful:

5abbb8bc742555e5933de82476133ba4.jpg

We found it on top of Cataloochee! Thanks guys.

So is the precipitation in East Tennessee going to possibly give the NC Piedmont some flakes later? I am looking for an absolute Yes/No... no scientific terms or explanations please.. lol..

Actually a huge Big THANKS to all of you that share your knowledge of wx with the forum!

Back