• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Looking at a cam of Waynesville which is close to where Accu is, looks like just wet conditions.
My family and I spend a lot of time in that area and I can tell you, I’ve seen a number of times that Waynesville will have rain while Maggie Valley has frozen precip.

Looking at a cam of Waynesville which is close to where Accu is, looks like just wet conditions.
Main action will be early tomorrow morning and last through late afternoon

…that ain’t Atlanta…:)

Even then, I doubt you get that much of a temperature variance there with it being only an additional 700 ft or so higher than most of the surrounding areas

Its always interesting to see how much elevation is affecting temperatures in given weather situations, it definitely varies. With the kind of wind we are having, temperatures at similar elevations should be within .5 degrees of each other or less. Anything outside that range is certainly incorrect. There are two home weather stations on Sweat Mountain, 2.8 miles north of me, at around 1500-1600', both are 38.1F, 2.5F colder then me at 1135'.

Back