• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Warm upper level low closing off way too south. Rooted in zero significant cold air source. Completely reliant on dynamic cooling due to increased precip rates. Unfortunately, there wasn’t much to get excited about from 2-3 days ago. If you ever have to rely on the American models to come through for you.. just know you’re playing a losing match. Almost every time this year they have failed forecasts even within 48 hours. Unfortunate but I think we have better patterns to track down the road that can give us something more exciting to worry about once we hit march.

That 18z Euro
So strange. I don't have great maps but appears it may keep that deform band hugging the mountains and keeping them snow.

Everything else is pretty similar to other models. I'm sitting at 34-35 and rain in the dry slot with weak rates on other models. So maybe that's the difference.

True, I just looked at the 3k NAM, what a track of that ULL.... who knows
I think we see a lot of posts that it's snowing for a good amount of people. Just having a hard time seeing how folks outside of a lucky few really get more than flakes in the air and maybe tinted grass

Back