• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

I’d normally give It no thought. However the models have been all over with this thing so who knows. Weather man’s woe as they say with these ULL systems.
That's it exactly...not enough consistency even with the meso models. So right now it's a toss up. I still believe like others have said Highlands/Cashiers are gets dumped on regardless. ULL's are prob the hardest things to forecast because a shift in track can happen up to 12hrs before impact and change things greatly. Ive seen that work out good here and bad...so who knows at this point.

Are the Hrrr, RAP, and bouncycorn model on to something here with the comma head death band???

My heart says yes, but my head says no!
RAP model has been the most consistent and best case scenario out of all the short range (even if you include the weenie NAM runs yesterday). If any GA folks desperately want a model to cling onto for cautious optimism this is the one. I know all model guidance regardless of their forecasting range struggle with ULLs, but in a general sense I wonder which one tends to have the better track record overall in scenarios like this. (HRRR, RAP, NAM, WRF? etc)

I always feel like dry slots over-perform and move in quicker... so I'm skeptical of the slow pivoting comma head being shown, but I'll hope it's right.
I've been saying it and models have shown it, that pickens and Oconee counties are the place to be in the upstate for this one. Not saying a big Snow is coming but I could see those areas getting 1-2" but then it's gone by afternoon

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!!!
?View attachment 132964?
An earlier frame from my freebie site shows the 850Mb low center much further south than any of today's runs. Very much in line with last night's 00zNAM although a little less cold/slower.

Let's hope this is the start of reeling this one back in. Yeah, always the optimist lol.

1676075530441.png

Back