• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Again, depends on the set-up and where you're at. I grew up in Kennesaw, GA and still have family there. They often get a better snow than we do because it can take longer for the cold to travel across the mountains and reach us. South of I20 folks I just feel bad for.

This storm is a crap shoot. I plan to chase to NE GA Sunday morning.
Honestly it depends on where you are South of I-20. Some locations south of I-20 like Carrollton often do as good as places northeast of Atlanta like Gwinnett.

Seems like the modeling is keying more on the backend deformation band potential for the NC Piedmont this morning. Mildly encouraging for some of us.
Looks like GFS following suit, this is an interesting trend for Piedmont of NC

I don't get why anyone would be disappointed when this fails . Carolinas and Georgia have best shot. This setup still sucks now that it's digging so far to the SW . Gonna kill temps by pumping warmer air out front . This was never a good setup for anyone unless you believe 5 day out op runs.

Keep hope alive lol

prateptype_cat-imp.us_ma.png

I don't get why anyone would be disappointed when this fails . Carolinas and Georgia have best shot. This setup still sucks now that it's digging so far to the SW . Gonna kill temps by pumping warmer air out front . This was never a good setup for anyone unless you believe 5 day out op runs.
Agree with all of this ... however, we spend (or some would say "waste") our time living and dying on every model run. We shouldn't be disappointed, but alas, we will be disappointed! Somebody will do ok ... but there will be more losers than winners in this setup. And there is always the hope that something turns out better than expected ... which also will lead to more disappointment.

Back