• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

There might be a few people in NW Piedmont of NC that would say the NAM looks better lol

ref1km_ptype.us_ma.png
I'll gladly take the dry slot and then a burst of snow with the deform band.

Definitely. My high bar is to see a good 30 minute burst of snow in the air.
Been mine since New years Day; Get the windshield or Mulch dusted up with something white besides Frost. We had what a 5 minute snow shower in December: Not even a drop of freezing drizzle,graupel,sleet. Which is very rare for our location this late in the season.

if we get anything this is how were going to do it, magic under the cold core. in my experience that precip is never really modeled right so this is probably the wildcard..
I think as much as anything we’ve just had a number of marginal, crappy setups ever since January 2019. The lone exception being the storm last Jan that hit the Upstate pretty hard. We’re not alone though. Same thing can be said in Philly & DC. Is it a new norm? I kind of doubt it, but none of us know for sure
i'll maintain that we've just had bad luck, we've seen some sweet set-ups in the 5-9 day range the last few years that just haven't broken our way. sometimes you play really good football but have some bad fumble luck and some interceptions that aren't your fault. just gotta grin and move on man

Guess we should have paid attention to the RGEM. It has been snowless for days.

That’s what I said but was told it was a bad model. I default to the most conservative models for ATL as they are always right or have been the last 5 years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I said but was told it was a bad model. I default to the most conservative models for ATL as they are always right or have been the last 5 years or so.

Guess it depends on where you're at. I remember busting to the high side Feb 2020.

Here is a pic of that one.
facebook_1676000636239_7029656172582860153001_1676000648518.jpg

I’m thinking of ITP Atlanta and near suburbs. Buford geographically is in a more favorable location.

Again, depends on the set-up and where you're at. I grew up in Kennesaw, GA and still have family there. They often get a better snow than we do because it can take longer for the cold to travel across the mountains and reach us. South of I20 folks I just feel bad for.

This storm is a crap shoot. I plan to chase to NE GA Sunday morning.

Again, depends on the set-up and where you're at. I grew up in Kennesaw, GA and still have family there. They often get a better snow than we do because it can take longer for the cold to travel across the mountains and reach us. South of I20 folks I just feel bad for.

This storm is a crap shoot. I plan to chase to NE GA Sunday morning.

You’ll likely see flakes. I think we can agree that it is highly location specific as you stated. But in town Atlanta does not do well.

Back