• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

There is a max area of snowfall showing up now on almost all models. It is between Buchanan, Cedartown, Rockmart and Dallas, GA. NAM shows them switching over to snow earlier than other areas, around 10 pm Saturday. If that holds, they could see 5" to 6" maybe more. It's where the elevation jumps up a bit (over 1,000 ft and probably 1,100 to 1,200 on ridges). I'm at 850 so if it switches here, it's probably going to be one of the last spots in my area. I'll enjoy my digital hypothetical NAM'ing for a few more minutes!

There is a lot of truth to this, and I've seen it so many times.

1676000228860.png

There is a lot of truth to this, and I've seen it so many times.

View attachment 132860
Yes, a few years ago when this area of western Georgia got a foot of snow in that first week of December. I’m sure a totally different setup, but they weren’t calling for anything like that. Plus we’ve been known to get a decent snow or ice event on Super Bowl weekend lol

Yes, a few years ago when this area of western Georgia got a foot of snow in that first week of December. I’m sure a totally different setup, but they weren’t calling for anything like that. Plus we’ve been known to get a decent snow or ice event on Super Bowl weekend lol
Very true. I think they were saying like an inch or two and then some areas got over 10". Seems like many of the best snows in GA kind of came as a surprise.

00z GFS

LrDcnIE.gif

This would continue charlottes record of having measurable snow every year since records have been kept. I’m here for it. I’ll also be in Winston Salem and I’ll support this upper level low snow chase
Think I may chase this one a little. I'm willing to put my dog Ellie in the car and drive 30-40 miles for 6" if it doesn't set up nicely imby...

Back