• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

TWC is really conservative on the Blairsville forecast. Guess they are not buying into a stronger system?

View attachment 132800
I somehow doubt any forecaster is behind this. Probably completely computer generated based on some or whatever model they use.

Man, I just had a chance to look over the 18Z NAM closely for northern and north-central Georgia. She's a beaut. In fact, I'd venture to say underdone!

These are 40 miles east of Atlanta. Better as you go west. Deep layer saturation just after the onset obliterates the above-freezing layer soon after. It takes several hours, but I would not be surprised one bit if heavier rates flipped it even sooner.

2023020918_NAM_060_33.84,-83.77_severe_ml.png

2023020918_NAM_066_33.81,-83.80_severe_ml.png

2023020918_NAM_069_33.81,-83.83_severe_ml.png

From Spann:

TOMORROW THROUGH THE WEEKEND: Most of the state will be dry tomorrow with only a few showers over the southern quarter of the state; the sun could peek out at times, and the high will be generally in the 60s.

Over the weekend, a cold core upper trough will pass over the state. This will bring periods of rain Saturday with temperatures in the 40s and 50s. Then, Saturday night and early Sunday, there is a chance the rain could change to light snow over parts of North and East Alabama thanks to dynamic cooling under the trough. Temperatures will be in the low to mid 30s; for now major impacts are not expected. But, with these cold core systems they can bring some surprises, so watch for potential forecast changes.

How about let's all agree to just let people enjoy whatever they find to enjoy regarding this possible storm.. this is a forum for everyone and I for one just like the child that snow brings out of people!!
Yeah cause in the End no one can predict what ULLs will do. They have minds of their own and can do crazy stuff. Even the Models will not pick up on every detail. Just sit back Sunday morning and watch the Fun begin!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

RGEM probably closest to the reality of what we’ll see in NGa. Temps are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The model that has been on an island while others are in a general direction favoring N GA, that doesn't seem to grasp dynamic cooling, and could very much be off might not be reality. Reality will set in when we verify and know if it was wrong or right.

Back