• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

I’m going to revise my initial accumulation down to a 1/4 inch, I had first reported 1/2. That was under the yard light once it got daylight I seen it wasn’t quite that much! Still a pretty scene though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I'm claiming (1/4"). I think I got the least of anybody else in Wake County. It's pretty this morning. Everything is covered; just didn't get the amounts folks did south of me.

This overperformed here. We were still seeing flurries as recently as 9:30 or 10. There is still some on ground above I-95. There was a run on Sullivan's Island with snow flurries...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-104121_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-104121_Facebook.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 22
Ended last night at around .5-1 and woke up the sun obliterating it … this was fun regardless those bands last night were heavy after everyone went to sleep

Ended last night at around .5-1 and woke up the sun obliterating it … this was fun regardless those bands last night were heavy after everyone went to sleep
Man I am so mad I slept through it. I didn’t fall asleep until 11:30 and there was absolutely nothing. By time I got up at 5 and let the dogs out, we were totally covered.

Man I am so mad I slept through it. I didn’t fall asleep until 11:30 and there was absolutely nothing. By time I got up at 5 and let the dogs out, we were totally covered.
Yessir the back building that happened around midnight or so was insane it just kept developing across the area. I was shocked

Yessir the back building that happened around midnight or so was insane it just kept developing across the area. I was shocked
The same thing happened hear. It went completely to snow just before midnight, but the radar was showing the back edge just west CLT, but it just stayed there for a few hours… the rates never got intense but the snow stayed fairly steady… the snow cover actually seems to be holding on quite a bit better that last week’s as well and these wind gusts are actually making a little bit of blowing snow as well

Back