• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

I was sent this pic that is supposedly of snow in Marietta! Did any of y'all see that much snow in Marietta?!?

View attachment 60048

Thanks for the replies. My first impression was that it was fake news and was why I said "supposed" snow in Marietta, but wanted to make sure from those in Atlanta. Did it snow and stick anywhere near that much anywhere in GA outside of the mountains?

Yeah, I think the HRRR may pan out best tomorrow for NC if radar returns and mPing reports out west are any indication, but not necessarily for the right reasons. Pretty clear that there's been a bias in the model that doesn't get corrected until hour 0, which to me screams a problem with the model's physics/boundary layer than with any data it's ingested: (check out over Mississippi)
hrrr_Td2m_seus_fh0_trend.gif
But it's pretty obvious looking west that even the CAMs are clearly missing some of the forcing for ascent in the low levels, so I suspect that we'll still see flurries across the area, even if the HRRR had its dewpoints too warm.

Yeah, I think the HRRR may pan out best tomorrow for NC if radar returns and mPing reports out west are any indication, but not necessarily for the right reasons. Pretty clear that there's been a bias in the model that doesn't get corrected until hour 0, which to me screams a problem with the model's physics/boundary layer than with any data it's ingested: (check out over Mississippi)
View attachment 60061
But it's pretty obvious looking west that even the CAMs are clearly missing some of the forcing for ascent in the low levels, so I suspect that we'll still see flurries across the area, even if the HRRR had its dewpoints too warm.
I thought they fixed this bias with the old hrrr ??‍♂️ Old hrrr had the same issues

this is gonna be close even here, can see the sharp front moving close, and a band trying to get going to my west View attachment 60062View attachment 60063
It almost looks like the cold air spilling in from the west-southwest. This takes a little bit of the down sloping away. The wind just shifted here and is now coming from the west. I actually wonder if we can crash temps quick enough here over the next hour if there might be a few flakes here this evening

Back