• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

I think some folks may be surprised by morning. Temperatures in North Georgia are gonna be in the 20s soon. If a persistent band moves through its going to give at least a dusting.

I looked at the latest HRRR run and to me, it seems more impressed at the snow shower activity during the late morning hours tomorrow rather than during the night, particularly around 9-12 tomorrow. We'll see though.

I looked at the latest HRRR run and to me, it seems more impressed at the snow shower activity during the late morning hours tomorrow rather than during the night, particularly around 9-12 tomorrow. We'll see though.
The current radar looks more active then the Hrrr right now though. I would say we are in nowcast mode for tonight’s snow showers right now.

Radar is not even picking up what's falling which I would classify as light snow, not flurries. I will be curious what those returns will bring when overhead,

According to how far you are from the radar site the radar beams may be too high to see it. This kind of snow falls from a lower part of the atmosphere and once you get around 80 miles away the beams can be over the top of the snow. It happens with NW flow snow in my area of the Cumberland Plateau often.

Where I’m at in the northern part of Spartanburg county is already at 46 degrees but those near pacolet on the east side are sitting at 55. That’s how step this is. It’s funny watching the cold air come over the mountains around me

Dang if the hrr is right the triad is gonna get hammered with some heavy wet snow overnight

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back