• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

Well the nam was showing a band of snow from charlotte south and east. I think the nam did a fine job

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
When? I’d like to know when the nam consistently showed it or anything other than a random snow shower near sunrise in the north-central coastal plain because other than that it snowed nada & I had more than that here.

When? I’d like to know when the nam consistently showed it or anything other than a random snow shower near sunrise in the north-central coastal plain
It was never consistent with showing much. But for my area and areas near me the nam performed the best

My WNC folks...I am going to bring my son up to see some snow today. We are coming from Northern Greenville county and we are maybe 20 minutes from Flat rock and 30 from Hendersonville. Do you guys know if certain areas jackpotted more than others and where the best places to go would be? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TN line on 26 has plenty. Must go north of Asheville

It was never consistent with showing much. But for my area and areas near me the nam performed the best

Ok so if it wasn’t then how did it do better than hrrr which showed that band on basically every single run for the past 2 days and actually depicted legitimate snow shower coverage east of the nc mountains which did in fact verify whereas the NAM showed none. Sorry but you’re wrong here

Nam didn’t even even have a flake here, in fact it had no sort of response in my area with the Convective soundings, at least saw some flurries/snowflakes throughout the night/day

Ok so if it wasn’t then how did it do better than hrrr which showed that band on basically every single run for the past 2 days and actually depicted legitimate snow shower coverage east of the nc mountains which did in fact verify whereas the NAM showed none. Sorry but you’re wrong here
The nam was better for some areas and the HRRR was better for some areas. The HRRR screwed me and areas near me over twice in less than 24 hours. But I'm happy you got to see some snow!

Just left for pigeon forge hope there’s a little snow left on the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They got hammered so I’m sure you’ll have plenty. I’m jealous.

our high here was 31.5 and it has dropped a degree since the clouds rolled back in.

The nam was better for some areas and the HRRR was better for some areas. The HRRR screwed me and areas near me over twice in less than 24 hours. But I'm happy you got to see some snow!

So now you’re saying the nam didn’t nail this one then & didn’t perform better than the HRRR?

IMO yes I saw a couple flakes but for my area the nam nailed it. I would say the HRRR was better for your area

IMO yes I saw a couple flakes but for my area the nam nailed it. I would say the HRRR was better for your area

Just to state the obvious here, because the NAM did well in your specific backyard doesn’t mean it did good overall. East of the mountains in nc, the coverage of snow showers was closer to the HRRR and not the NAM which had nothing overall, so saying things like “the nam nailed this one” just since it did okay in your backyard is nonsense.

Just to state the obvious here, because the NAM did well in your specific backyard doesn’t mean it did good overall. East of the mountains in nc, the coverage of snow showers was closer to the HRRR and not the NAM which had nothing overall, so saying things like “the nam nailed this one” just since it did okay in your backyard is nonsense.
I mean the HRRR also showed an expansive amount of snow over the triad for today and they haven't gotten any.

I mean the HRRR also showed an expansive amount of snow over the triad for today and they haven't gotten any.

Scattered snow showers =/= widespread or expansive snow. Coverage overall was closer to the HRRR area-wide. Cherry picking a few locations to suit your fancy isn’t helping your case at all here

Back