• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Some are asking for the breakdown of the numbers so here they are...
da031ce04496625da214423c7a16ecd4.jpg
20d7512e29ad77aa04c9c0b550bd39a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow there are some nice one's there... thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just to put this as a disclaimer, I'm not trying to compare this potential setup exactly to January 28-29, 2014, but didn't that event also start off as a weak SLP developing along an arctic cold front? I know there's probably some much better examples of this, in fact I was wondering what other winter storms in the past 15-20 years have developed from a SLP along an arctic front.
If not mistaken... both the Feb 1973 Central Ga Snow, and the Fewb 1979 Sleet Storm (4+" at ATL) were from SLP along "stalled " arctic fronts

A thought also, is the overall "situation" is different for a "light" precip event, as factors such as soil temps are overall much different now than in Jan/Feb. Here for example my lowest temp so far has been 28.6, and in checking soil temps they are (over the past week) been running in mid to low 50's for overnight temps., so IMO it would take a prolonged heavy precip fall to drop those temps for any significant accumulation

Even if a LP developes over the southern/SW GOM, some places could get a double dose of frozen precipitation. One from the overrunning from the moisture riding the frontal boundary/late bloomer. The 2nd dose from a system that could develope over the southern/SW GOM and rides the eastern seaboard. So yeah, two system's we could be dealing with in a short period of time.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Just to put this as a disclaimer, I'm not trying to compare this potential setup exactly to January 28-29, 2014, but didn't that event also start off as a weak SLP developing along an arctic cold front? I know there's probably some much better examples of this, in fact I was wondering what other winter storms in the past 15-20 years have developed from a SLP along an arctic front.

It had a very weak low form, but the event was mostly due to SW flow aloft which resulted in overrunning.

I feel good about being on the NW side of things according to the Euro.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Back