Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
The overall radar trends look good for N Ala and NW Georgia... not sure enough moisture is gonna get north enough to put CHA in line, but there's a small chance. Currently is snowing in Ft. Payne Ala, 36 degrees... not too far away.

I am officially up for the party. The latest nam absolutely RAILS central Alabama. Clown maps have 6-9 inches, which is ridiculous, but Mets are really beginning to ramp up there wording. Should have Winter Storm Warnings issued soon for BHAM area. JP Dice has 2+ in a large area, but is afraid it could be more. Has 3+ in areas too. This is what we all hope and dream for. Good luck everyone and lets have fun. I am about to get the coffee brewing!

I am officially up for the party. The latest nam absolutely RAILS central Alabama. Clown maps have 6-9 inches, which is ridiculous, but Mets are really beginning to ramp up there wording. Should have Winter Storm Warnings issued soon for BHAM area. JP Dice has 2+ in a large area, but is afraid it could be more. Has 3+ in areas too. This is what we all hope and dream for. Good luck everyone and lets have fun. I am about to get the coffee brewing!
How did the NAM look for Atlanta?

Reactions: gethooked_wx
Winter Storm Warnings issues by NWS Bham

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Birmingham AL 213 AM CST Fri Dec 8 2017 ...ACCUMULATING SNOW EXPECTED ACROSS CENTRAL ALABAMA TODAY... .Cold air moving in from the west and northwest will cause rain to continue to mix with and change to snow this morning. Temperatures are expected to remain at or just above freezing while the snow falls, but accumulations are expected with the highest amounts on grassy and elevated surfaces. Forecast accumulations have been raised in a swath across Central Alabama where a winter storm warning has been issued. ALZ019-021-025-027>037-039-081615- /O.UPG.KBMX.WW.Y.0001.171208T0900Z-171209T0000Z/ /O.NEW.KBMX.WS.W.0001.171208T0900Z-171209T0600Z/ Calhoun-Cleburne-Shelby-Talladega-Clay-Randolph-Sumter-Greene- Hale-Perry-Bibb-Chilton-Coosa-Tallapoosa-Marengo- Including the cities of Anniston, Heflin, Columbiana, Pelham, Alabaster, Talladega, Sylacauga, Ashland, Roanoke, Livingston, Eutaw, Greensboro, Moundville, Marion, Centreville, Clanton, Rockford, Alexander City, Dadeville, Demopolis, and Linden 213 AM CST Fri Dec 8 2017 ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT... * WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on difficult travel conditions, including during the morning commute. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are expected, with the highest amounts on grassy and elevated surfaces. * WHERE...Portions of central, east central and west central Alabama. * WHEN...Until midnight CST tonight. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in visibility at times. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. $$

Between holly springs and Woodstock. Closer to holly tho.

Winter storm warning now up for north and west metro up into the mountains. Atlanta itself not included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m just south of the warning area in Coweta County. Hopefully the temps will cooperate for us all. I got up at 2:30 to take my little dogs out and it was 43 degrees, it dropped to 39 degrees by 3:00.

Between holly springs and Woodstock. Closer to holly tho.

Winter storm warning now up for north and west metro up into the mountains. Atlanta itself not included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree with their decided. Should have included Atlanta.

So...how about that NAM? N. GA got NAM'd good, Dang it NAM always screwing with our fragile snow weenie emotions. lmao Seriously though, I know they're just clown maps, but these totals it's spitting out is incredibly insane. It makes you do a complete double take.

Reactions: vtrap90
So...how about that NAM? N. GA got NAM'd good, Dang it NAM always screwing with our fragile snow weenie emotions. lmao Seriously though, I know they're just clown maps, but these totals it's spitting out is incredibly insane. It makes you do a complete double take.
Even for Atlanta?

Anyone who lives in NW GA seeing any snow yet? I see on radar this region of the state (rome to canton to dahlonega line) is showing snow. Just wondering if there's any ground truth from those areas north and west.