Tropical Tropical Storm Barry

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
GFS is back to being the laughing stock of weather models. How much money are they throwing into that thing for it to be such junk. Euro and ICON in the same ballpark atm.

I don’t think we can completely rule it out yet. It may be low on intensity but I’ve seen it do a better job with early season storms and shear for intensity forecasts than the euro at times. It’s tough to go against the Euro, UK combo but the shear the GFS shows, if it verifies, would definitely limit or slow organization.

I don’t think we can completely rule it out yet. It may be low on intensity but I’ve seen it do a better job with early season storms and shear for intensity forecasts than the euro at times. It’s tough to go against the Euro, UK combo but the shear the GFS shows, if it verifies, would definitely limit or slow organization.

Yep, never go overboard on intensity on an early gulf storm. If it can form quick enough and if shear is low it could ratchet up intensity wise.

The key here is can it actually form. Like I said days ago, the models are normally way too quick to develop systems in the gulf. This could be a hurricane coming ashore or a broad, multiple center tropical mess that is nothing more than a rain maker.

Yep, never go overboard on intensity on an early gulf storm. If it can form quick enough and if shear is low it could ratchet up intensity wise.

The key here is can it actually form. Like I said days ago, the models are normally way too quick to develop systems in the gulf. This could be a hurricane coming ashore or a broad, multiple center tropical mess that is nothing more than a rain maker.

I do agree here but i also almost expect the GFS to cave sooner or later

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_34.png
0z Icon little east from last run