• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Storm Preparation (just in case)

Webber JUST officially declared GA, SC, NC make preparations. That's good enough for me.
Should the eye split GSP and Charlotte, any idea what impacts we can expect? Qpf amounts, wind speed, power outages etc.
I realize its way to early to pinpoint center placement and strength. But, just should this be the path. Thank You

Webber JUST officially declared GA, SC, NC make preparations. That's good enough for me.
Should the eye split GSP and Charlotte, any idea what impacts we can expect? Qpf amounts, wind speed, power outages etc.
I realize its way to early to pinpoint center placement and strength. But, just should this be the path. Thank You
If the " eye" or remnant center , split CLT and GSP , I would expect 5-10" of rain, winds gusting between 60-80 mph +!! The faster the forward motion of the storm, the stronger the winds would be over the inland areas, because it has less time to weaken

Should I be worried here in West GA ? I remember Opal did a lot of damage so if this thing shifts west and heads north we could be in trouble. I could go to Indiana and stay with my mom.

Metro Atlanta motels/hotels almost booked solid..and there are no major events/conventions etc here this weekend... A thought/suggestion would possibly be the Athens area as UGA is playing away this weekend..if anyone wants to share with friends leaving FLA/or SE GA

The western FL panhandle and AL gulf coast appear to be good choices to evacuate to. Plus, you'd be at the beach! No idea if the condos are getting booked up with evacuees yet.

The western FL panhandle and AL gulf coast appear to be good choices to evacuate to. Plus, you'd be at the beach! No idea if the condos are getting booked up with evacuees yet.
Yep, I have a nephew in Jacksonville, he and his wife are heading to my sister's house in Fort Walton Beach in panhandle of Fl....

Yep, I have a nephew in Jacksonville, he and his wife are heading to my sister's house in Fort Walton Beach in panhandle of Fl....
I have a handicapped brother in law , in Orlando with his girlfriend , they aren't budging! :(

Seeing a lot of Florida plates up here. Went to the store to get some stuff just in case and it appears the water is a hot commodity as is bread. No rush though, but I expect one tomorrow if the cone doesn't budge.

Back