• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September Somnolence

Lots of changes happening in Canada on the models.. not sure how it stays quite so zonal in the US... still not trusting the models past 7 days... after Florence does its thing, we should have a better understanding of what happens in mid to late Sept. Full on, AB front to back, I'm still not buying at this point. One good note, actual blue precip is showing up again in Canada, even at lower elevations... the seasons are indeed, a-changing.

Last edited:
no drought over here... just muggy, soggy, uncomfortable weather...

And just like that I've got dry patches of grass showing up.... over 14 days now and only .21, major turn around here
It doesn't take long with relentless sun and 90+ degree temps. Starting to get the same here. I think tomorrow through Monday holds decent chances for rain though and maybe some areas of high totals so maybe we can hold the really dry conditions off a little longer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It doesn't take long with relentless sun and 90+ degree temps. Starting to get the same here. I think tomorrow through Monday holds decent chances for rain though and maybe some areas of high totals so maybe we can hold the really dry conditions off a little longer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
To quote one of my favorite posters, JHS, “ only a tropical system can break this drought “! :D

For the rain I desperately need, I’m pulling for this Florence thing, to come into S Ga, as a weak tropical storm and bring me a good soaking!

For the rain I desperately need, I’m pulling for this Florence thing, to come into S Ga, as a weak tropical storm and bring me a good soaking!
For all of our sake's here in GA, mostly Larry, I say no. I don't want another Irma but worse up here and I definitely don't want to see what a cat 3 can do to Savannah as there is no chance it'll make landfall weak. Hope for an out of nowhere Gulf storm that's weak for rain.

We need something to break this pattern, we don’t even have the normal dry September heat, it’s been downright muggy.

Of course we get into a wetter pattern 3-4 days before we may get remnant hurricane rain, possibly! 60% chance of rain Sun - Wed

Ugh:
gfs_T2m_us_40.png

Back