• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Potential Tropical Cyclone Ten

Nobody is suggesting another Andrew that was certainly not my intent as I mentioned "doesn't mean a thing but interesting", however the area around the Bahama's is notorious for TC RI so while I have my doubts 92L survives, IF it does, it will need be watched closely
I wasn't trying to suggest anything, I was just stating observations from that picture compared to what's happening now. Hopefully someone doesn't interpret that picture as "here comes Andrew again" on social media. :confused:

Meanwhile, 92L does seem to be still rotating, just not too well.

I wasn't trying to suggest anything, I was just stating observations from that picture compared to what's happening now. Hopefully someone doesn't interpret that picture as "here comes Andrew again" on social media. :confused:

Meanwhile, 92L does seem to be still rotating, just not too well.
Yeah I only shared it here, wouldn't dare post it on any social media site.... but as you can see he (Bryan) posted it on twitter. I'm with you hope people don't go nuts with it

Looks like its just about past being beat up by the ULL. Just has the dry air in front.
GANIMMI558Q30.jpg

Regardless of what it may or may not do down the road. It clearly has had a counterclockwise circulation for a good while though whether or not that gets down to the surface is uncertain.

I can't believe this thing is still listed as only an invest. It needs to be investigated by aircraft.

It's a tenacious little booger and it's just about passed one hurdle, the ull, next dry air...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GFS is showing some weak development this run in the NW Bahamas where it stalls, meanders around, then looks to head OTS or up the coast(has a very large sprawling circulation)

CMC/UKMET are kind of similar just a much stronger storm

Last edited:
^ It isn't clear to me what that 18Z GFS low originates from as it may not be purely from 92L.
Yeah, looks as if it originates from the north then drifts south. Doesn't really look like 92L

NHC losing interest

Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of disturbed
weather located about 500 miles east-northeast of the northern
Leeward Islands have become less organized since yesterday due to
strong upper-level winds, and satellite data suggest that the
surface circulation has become less defined. Environmental
conditions are expected to be only marginally conducive for
development during the next couple of days while this system moves
west-northwestward at about 20 mph, and the chances for tropical
cyclone formation appear to be decreasing.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.

Yuck, definitely much more of wave than the past few days. Will the garbage seasons ever end?

nope, I'm convinced its the new Atlantic

We'll tell our grandkids about the times of major hurricanes hitting the US ;) 12 years in October...

CMC ain't giving up... major hit in NC/VA this run... 2 hurricanes strike the US within 36 hours of each other...

goes up Cheaspeake Bay and close to Washington DC

CMC certainly has had some doomy runs with this

Back