• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Midsouth Winter Storm January 12th-13th

b20c1a580cc3fbde3451fc177c2829a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost concerning that they are calling for tree damage and power outages. Debating on whether I need to head to work in the morning.

03 HRR doesn't have radar movement as east as it seems to be moving. also, radar in south central Miss has a small line of heavier showers not showing up on HRR. also, it seems the whole system is moving a little more dew east per radar returns. Myy not make any difference in the end, but at the very least even this close to initiation, the HRR is not perfect.

That must have been an error. Now they are reporting heavy rain.

I believe the same. If precipitation was heavy and upper dynamics "were" strong enough, I could see there being Graupel at 41F at ground level at best.

We had one of those roll through here during a strong frontal passage once. It was around 38F and pouring "hailstones" that were graupel. It was quite a scene; because the wind was whipping!

Edit: Thinking about it.. I fibbed a bit. There was also an upper level low involved, swinging through.

Back