• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May-hem

Hot diggidy dog ...

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

Storm, How do you see this impacting our vacations next week? Looks like PCB may have some cloudy, wet, cool days, which is not what we need with 9 of us in a four bedroom condo. We will have from 4 years to 78 years on the trip and too much family bonding time indoors may not make for the perfect vacation. Where will you be for vacation?
Monday and Tuesday look like the best days for rain . But it won't rain all day . Fear not , shouldn't be any family issues lol. We are going to mobile for a few days to visit family then going on a cruise out of Jacksonville next Thursday.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I will be on the western portion of PCB at Bonita Beach Condos. Just a block or two from the Carousel Supermarket and Thomas' Donuts. Been staying there for years and are hoping to make one ours soon. I actually enjoy the occasional storm while at the beach. Especially when they roll in from offshore. Always have my phone ready in case of a spout. I have seen several over the years. We just don't need the all day "rainy day".

Monday and Tuesday look like the best days for rain . But it won't rain all day . Fear not , shouldn't be any family issues lol. We are going to mobile for a few days to visit family then going on a cruise out of Jacksonville next Thursday.

Sounds great. Hope you all have a safe and great trip and cruise. Maybe we will all be lucky and have great vacay weather while we get nice rains at home. We are still in the Moderate Drought category in my little sliver of Jefferson County.

Sounds great. Hope you all have a safe and great trip and cruise. Maybe we will all be lucky and have great vacay weather while we get nice rains at home. We are still in the Moderate Drought category in my little sliver of Jefferson County.
Agree with Storm5's call; after Tuesday - get the SPF ready!

I will be on the western portion of PCB at Bonita Beach Condos. Just a block or two from the Carousel Supermarket and Thomas' Donuts. Been staying there for years and are hoping to make one ours soon. I actually enjoy the occasional storm while at the beach. Especially when they roll in from offshore. Always have my phone ready in case of a spout. I have seen several over the years. We just don't need the all day "rainy day".
Sounds like fun ! I agree there is nothing like a good ole thunderstorm while at the beach .

then going on a cruise out of Jacksonville next Thursday.
Jax FL?
If so, where do you depart from? If Jax and near Mayport, I can suggest a great place to eat before you leave or when you return!
If leaving from the "Port" downtown, then likewise, can suggest close to downtown, across the river (5 minutes).
Best,
Phil

Last edited:
Sounds like fun ! I agree there is nothing like a good ole thunderstorm while at the beach .

Totally agree! With the topography here seeing storms at a distance is virtually impossible.... seeing those storms come across the ocean gives you a sense of what it must be like out in the wide open midwest when storms roll through

There are a lot of impressive storms along the dry line this evening

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I hope Sunday / Monday event, stays impressive for us!

The 6z GFS looks as someone put the upper air pattern of January 2014 in summer. That is a wild look for this time of year and I will not be complaining.

Good lord, end of May and early June look absolutely crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does the cool finish (assuming it really happens) put May BN for the month or N. The streak of AN is in jeopardy I believe.

So does the cool finish (assuming it really happens) put May BN for the month or N. The streak of AN is in jeopardy I believe.
It all depends on location . It's an elementary reply but many places are gonna be closer to average vs below I think

It all depends on location . It's an elementary reply but many places are gonna be closer to average vs below I think

Bit groggy so pardon the puerile question, as I should know exactly where to go to find it - seems to me that there is a CFS or CPC map somewhere that shows departures from normal for the month; anyone steer me in the right direction?

Back