• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

WOW! BTW, check out the CAPE map I just posted.....don't know if I can recall a landfalling cane or TS in NGOM with that much energy available and little to NO cap

It's honestly dependent on d theta/dh, this time of the year is ripe for maximum CAPE/instability and little capping in the Atlantic because the atmosphere begins to cool in response to seasonal insolation changes while the ocean lags and usually nears its climatological SST peak in/around early October/late September allowing the moist static energy budget to also reach its peak. This sets the prime conditions for something like this in a large-scale sense, shear becomes more of a limiting factor.

Woke up to TS watches and warnings 1 county away!! Must have been NW shift!? Still down playing by local Mets, they say 30 mph gusts only!?

It’s amazing how you can see the waves in the clouds rippling away from the eye on the IR loop. You couldn’t see that with the previous GOES satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the insane amount of convection around the eye most of strong winds aloft will be brought down to the surface at landfall if it’s maintained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6z RGEM

rgem_apcpn_seus_47.png

Back