• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Now that it's game time for that line of intense wind to start developing, the HRRRRRR backs off. Probably see some 40-50 mph gusts max roll through later.

I hope those 70 to 80 mph gusts are wrong. Meanwhile, the rain is here now, and the wind is starting to pick up.

Ended up with 5.59” of rain here in Lithia Springs from 5PM yesterday to 5AM today. Highest wind gust was 36 which came around 3:30AM. The rain just never stopped falling once it got started yesterday evening. Unexpected but welcome!

Prayers to those still being affected and/or cleaning up for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing all these emergency manager reports that Allan is tweeting out and there appears to be numerous trees down across the state already.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lot of the Mtn posters on amx reporting winds really starting to crank now along with the I77 crowd. See what shakes out. Good news is we have seen the last of the summer regime. Its exiting stage right. Thanks to Michael may finally get to turn off the AC now.

Staying in the Windy Hill section of NMB. Woke up to sunny skies and a little high tide flooding from the swash next door. Closest station to me on Wunderground has gusts to 55 but i'm betting it was higher at times, never lost power thankfully.

Attachments

• rsz_20181011_105818.jpg
    rsz_20181011_105818.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 17
WRAL just said the Triangle could see winds in the 50s to even 60 when that back end of the storm moves over us, around 5-6pm.
I guess local stations are starting to pick-up on the chance of higher winds for us.

Wow look at those cooling cloud tops on the backside due to interaction with the front, starting to think some of those HRRR gust might be realized later...

goes16_ir_14L_201810111823.jpg

Back