• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

It appears that it's on the WNW track now, but then again it still looks like it still has a westerly movement to it.
c90b042c614f4a948fe95a5fd6e8abc5.gif

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
I agree, you can even see in the last two frames what appears to be somewhat of a SW movement or a wobble.

I agree, you can even see in the last two frames what appears to be somewhat of a SW movement or a wobble.

It did wobble SW. Keep in mind that that satellite loop ended at 5:45 PM CDT. Since then, Irma pretty much stalled per the radar. I think what this is/was is some sort of loop or wobble just in advance of an abrupt turn, which is what the 12Z Euro suggested. A loop or odd wobble just in advance of an abrupt turn due to new steering taking over sometimes occurs. I'll know by no later than 1 AM CDT if the Euro is right.

THAT LOWEST TRACK ON THIS MAP WOULD MEAN I WOULD BE IN FOR A LONG TREE CUTTING CEREMONY WITH MY FIRE DEPT. AND NO POWER MOST LIKELY

Think this is the first weather event I've actually wanted to be in alabama for since I moved 3 years ago lol

Still edging west it seems

11_L_tracks_latest_9.png

Remember Tampa Bay hasn't been impacted directly by a hurricane since 1921. A lot of people assume that because Tampa is in Florida that it is used to major hurricanes, but that is not the case.

If you lay over the latitude lines on the visible loop you can definitely pick out the slow wnw job recently

Well in GR I placed a marker in center of the eye at about 2310 Z. the eye made a basic "loop around" the marker and now is eye wall is over the marker at about "430" to quote "12 o clock high."..lol So..IMO movement to a more NW track is begining.

My uncle lived on Anna Maria island in Bradenton FL, southwest of Tampa for many years, my family vacationed there with him many times when I was growing up. I recall him saying in the 30+ years he lived there that his main level garage flooded once from a tropical storm. He has since moved, but my cousin still lives in Bradenton and she is staying for Irma. I am scared for her, but she seems indifferent. I don't think she understands the intensity of what is coming her way. I have tried numerous times to warn her, but my voice seems to fall on deaf ears :(. My hope at this point is that Irma stays offshore in the gulf, but it's a doubled edged sword as that would give Irma fuel to intensify tremendously.

Back